Saturday, March 18, 2006
Ornamentified!
Thursday, I did finish making my Lizzie Kate ornaments into ornaments. I didn't like the suggested wool pack/buttons/no-sew method they used on the models. I prefer just flat mat board ornaments, because we only have a tiny little tree. If I make them much bigger, they won't fit. I used a dark green fabric for the back, and DMC 500 and white for the cording. I took them to work Friday, and while filling out the model slip, thy told me to write down the cost of the tree, and they would write it off. I had not planned on this. I was going to let them hang them on the tree with no compensation. I hadn't planned to get anything, like the framed models I've hung. The manager told me that this was like the framing; it helps display them, and they will sell the ornaments and the tree because of it. So now I get a $35 tree for free. I was pretty happy. And the fabric lady (she's in charge of checking in and ordering the fabrics) even commented on how nice they looked. That made my day, because she does not hand out compliments lightly. Of course, I forgot to take pictures of them before I took them to work.
I also started working on Skeleton Crew again. It's been a while. I was so sick of those sails, it intimidated me and kept me from working on it for a long time. Any other color, no matter how much of there was, didn't seem to take as long. But I put a few stitches in it Thursday, after my ornaments, and Friday before I went to work. I can hardly believe it, but I'm enjoying it! I like working on the sails now. Maybe because it's not so big, or because I'm only doing ten to fifteen stitches at a time. It's the Black Swan SAL weekend, and I considered pulling out my Avatar, pulling out Dragons By The Fire, and even starting a new one, but the truth is, I can't pull myself away from Skeleton Crew. I hope to spend most of today working on that.
Friday, while I was at work, a policeman came in and told us that they would be shutting down our parking lot twice, each time for about ten minutes; the vice president would be driving by. He was going to a fund raiser, and had to pass by us. We said okay (what else were we going to say?), and it was very creepy. They stopped all the traffic on our road, which is one of the busiest in town. Heaven forbid you ever have to make a left turn out of our parking lot. They even stopped traffic on the interstate, both ways. Since we didn't have any customers, we went out and watched the first time he went by. The daycare next door had brought out all the kids, who were yelling and waving to all the motorcycle cops that went by, but could care less about the vice president in the limo. They were so cute. They actually closed our parking lot down for about forty minutes. The manager was stuck in traffic on her way there, due to the road being closed. Right after we came back in, she called to see if we knew why there was so much traffic. We later found out that EVERY police officer in the city was there, along with state troopers, and even a couple of state troopers from North Carolina. They ran out of poilce cars and had the forensics truck at the daycare! Goodness knows what would've happened if someone called 911 then! It was a pretty cool experience!
Thursday I did my strength training exercises, but I didn't really go for a walk. J. had to work late and didn't get home until six. Then we had dinner and I had to get groceries. I didn't get home until eight, so J. and I crawled into bed and watched a disc of 24. Friday I vacuumed the shop since I knew I wouldn't get a chance to do sit ups or push up while at work. And as soon as I got off, I went and walked at the park. Both days I stayed within all my ranges. Friday, despite the fact that I had Pizza Hut for lunch, I had to eat a snack after dinner just to get to 1200 calories. As it was, I only had 1209. I have burned off over 1000 coories this week, and I have lost pounds! I am very proud of myself. Now let's hope I an keep it up! I've got 48 more to go!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:22 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: