Sunday, December 24, 2006
Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, and happy Kwanzaa! Happy any holiday I forgot, too! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday!
Today is our first day off in forever! The last few weeks, even on Jymi's day off, we've had a hundred other things we needed to do. So the last few days, we've been at each others' throats! He's exhausted from work, and I'm stressed out from spending ALL my time with the kids and worrying about their insurance. I love my kids, but ever once in a while, I need a break! By some freak of nature, Jymi got today and tomorrow off! So last night, my sister watched the boys, and Jymi and I went to see Eragon. Jymi's read the book and said it was okay, but they left out most of the things that made the book so great. I haven't read it, but I probably will when I run out of Gregory Maguire books (two more after I finish the one I'm on). It was nice to be just the two of us, even if it was only for two hours.
On the way home from the theater (or at least on the way to Kathy's), we stopped at Best Buy, to finish our Christmas shopping. I had planned to get Jymi's sister a gift card, so she can get another game for the Wii she's getting (she's getting so much, I don't want to hear about how we owe Jymi's parents money this year). Jymi had planned to get one for Kristi, and his cousins, too. They're not kids anymore, but they're both younger than him (one's younger than me, the other's a few months older than me), so he wanted to include them. That was fine with me, so we got three. Then, when we got home, I had to go out to the grocery store for some Christmas cards to stick them in, and some wrapping paper for two more Santa gifts for the boys. It was all 50% off, which was great!
I came home to find the boys in their room, with their faces pressed against the window. When I got out of the car, I could hear them screaming, "Mommy's home!" I brought everything in, and Jymi went in and said, "Yes, Mommy's home, but it's time for bed. Go to sleep!" I went in to say good night, and had to re-tuck them in. I usually do it, the same way every night, and Jymi doesn't know my way, which to the boys is the only way. They (especially Darin) can't go to sleep if their blankets are in the wrong order, or if they're missing Teddy (Darin's favorite teddy bear), Wolfie (Tobi's wolf who "keeps the monsters away"), and Puppy (Darin's otter, and, no, I don't know why). After that, I wrapped the last two of the boy's presents. The only thing still not wrapped in the TV, and we're not going to wrap that.
Today we are not doing a thing! Jymi's in our room, watching a movie, relaxing. The boys are watching Blue's Clues. I'm also being lazy, playing on the computer! Just a nice, relaxing, lazy day. Before bedtime, the boys each get to open one present.
There's no time to relax tomorrow. We're getting up, and opening presents. Then we've gotta give the boys a bath. It's easier to bathe the cat. Then we're going to Jymi's grandparents for Christmas dinner/lunch, and to open presents. Then we go straight from there to my mom's, for another dinner and presents. By the time we get home, it'll be bed time, for all of us. It'll be fun, but it will also be exhausting!
Hastur- I would love to do a SAL for Dragons By The Fire! I'm doing the Teresa Wentzler SAL on Mondays, and the Castle on Saturdays, but any other day is good for me. Please continue to help me pick! All help is appreciated! Happy holidays! God bless us, everyone!

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:01 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: