Thursday, December 07, 2006
Conspiracy Theories
I am almost certain that my entire family is trying to drive me insane. They've got the straight jacket in the closet, just waiting. Even Tinkerbell is in on it! Jymi's smoking, which makes it very hard for me to not start again. The cat keeps meowing at me and stealing my blanket, which is silly, because the electric blanket is set on high on my bed, and much warmer.
Tobi went to bed at nine, an hour after Darin, just like normal. Darin wouldn't go to sleep though. Tobi fell asleep right away, like he usually does. I laid down at eleven, but I had a wierd feeling in my stomach, and had to get right back up. It was like I'd forgotten something important, or I was worried. So I came back out, only to find Darin was still awake. I wanted to make sure he went to sleep, and at one, I heard Tobi, too. Darin had woken him up, and everytime Tobi started to go back to sleep, he did it again. At two, I gave in, and gave Darin a dose of Dimetapp to help him get to sleep. Darin was still awake, and by now so was Tobi. Again I gave in, and stole a couple of Jymi's cigarettes, and went outside to smoke. It was so nice outside. It was quiet. There weren't even any cars. I could hear the train on the tracks three or four miles away. I came back in at 2:30, because I could hear the boys outside, and it was no longer as peaceful. I seperated them, and brought Tobi into the living room. I put on Return Of The Jedi, because it's a nice long movie that he loves, and he'll sit still through it, and fall back asleep. Without Tobi, Darin was asleep by three. Now Tobi, the king of cat naps, was wide awake though. He sat still, and was quiet, and watched the whole freaking movie! When it was over, I put him in his bed and he went to sleep. That was at four! Jymi gets up at 4:45, so I decided not to bother going to bed. It's easier for me to function on no sleep than to try to sleep for just a couple hours and get back up. So I stole another cigarette and went back outside.
Jymi got up and found me outside. He said he was worried I had run away. We joke that he held my hands at our wedding to keep me from running away, since he knew how scared I was to get married. He considered staying home from work so I could sleep, but they have alot of jobs they have to do today, and if he did, it would prett much screw everyone else. I told him to go; we need the money. He didn't want to, but he went to work. It was enough that he wanted to stay and help me. I plan on waking the boys at nine, so they'll nap in the afternoon, and still go to bed at the regular time. I'll take a nap when Darin does. Tobi can play video games while I nap, and he'll be good.
I was a little productive during all this, at least. I didn't stitch; I've gotta take a long shower and wash my hair before I'll even sit in my stitching chair. I put some clean towels over the stitching I had out before I even stole the cigarettes, so it won't smell. I've been having problems posting pictures on the boards using Blogger, and I hate Yahoo Photos, so I started a Webshots account. I spent the evening seeing just how long the batteries last in my MP3 player (all night, and it still has a little over half the battery left), and adding my pictures to my Webshots album, along with any necessary info. Maybe taking pictures of all my older projects will be my "stay awake" job today. Since there's only five in the house that I haven't photographed already, anyway, though, I doubt it'll take much time. Since I can't show any progress pics, here's one of my tormenters, sleeping peacefully. This was about a year and a half ago, and Darin's first night in his big boy bed. It's also the only time their room has ever been that clean longer than ten minutes.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 5:25 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sharon

Your kids look like little angels asleep. Very sweet.