Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Bad News
Sunday, right after Jymi got home, I went out to get trash bags at the grocery store, about two miles away. Jymi called me halfway there, to tell me his father was in the hospital. I hurried home, and Jymi left. He hadn't been feeling well, and he got to work that night, and was going home, complaining of chest pains. The others there wouldn't let him drive, and called an ambulance. His blood pressure and blood sugar were both very high, and they decided to keep him overnight.
Monday, we took the boys to my mom's and both of us went to the hospital. Jymi's mom called us on the way there to tell us they were going to do a heart catheterization in the afternoon. We'd only been there about ten minutes when they came to get him, because they had an opening, and they could do it earlier. Once they prepped him, it took them two hours to start. They told us it would take an hour. Another two hours later, the doctor called us into the conference room. He said Jymi's dad had three blockages, in two arteries. They put in two stints, and he'll have to go back in again for the third.
He had to stay another night, but he finally got to go home yesterday afternoon. When Jymi got off work we all went over to see him. He's feeling better now, although last night he was a little down because he had to miss his lodge meeting. The boys gave Pops (it started as joke, but the name stuck) a big hug and asked if he was still sick. They're three and five, so we didn't go into anymore detail than that. Jymi and his mom went to go get his medicine, and some dinner. Neither them or us have had time to get groceries this past week. The boys kept Jymi's dad pretty entertained. Darin kept playing fetch with two of dogs, and Jymi and Kristi played video games. It was some James Bond game, and Tobi kept kicking Kristi's butt. It was pretty funny, considering my five-year-old son kept setting his twelve-year-old aunt on fire. He had never played before, but he was so much better than her. He had so much fun, too, and was laughed so hard, you could help but laugh, too.
This has all been very hard on Jymi. He's been snippy, and had completely lost his sense of humor. This is all understandable, but a little difficult. My method of coping includes babbling, and making jokes to keep my mind off of it. He's feeling better now, too. It's all worked out okay now.
Needless to say I haven't had that much stitching time this week. I did get alot done last night, though. I'm almost finished with my model. The shop called today with a stocking someone wanted finished. I know I could use the money, but the idea of stitching someone else's stocking, from a Dimensions kit, with all that mixed up thread, aida fabric, and someone else's stitching (I had to rip out most of The Lord's Prayer I did in a similar situation) just made me want to cry. I turned down the offer. I've got enough to deal with right now without a project I really don't want, and I'm looking forward to finishing something of mine. I'm not starting any new projects (except models) until I finish everything I've got started. I know it can be done, even by me. For now though, it's lunchtime on Wednesday, which means we get to order pizza. Yay!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:45 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 2:57 PM, Blogger crosseyedkat

Hugs to you and your family!

 

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Meari

Glad to hear your FIL is doing better. My father has had stents put in three different times over the past 5 years (twice for the heart, once in the leg). Tell Jymi not to worry, it's pretty routine.