Sunday, December 17, 2006
Happy Dances, An SBQ, And Jymi's No-So-Secret Santa
I finished my model last night! I'll show pictures eventually, but for now, it's top secret! You'll have to settle for a picture of the ornament I finished last night! I've had everything but the buttons done since October, and I got the buttons probably a month ago. I didn't want to put down the model though. So after I finished the model last night, I spent all of five minutes putting the buttons on, and tying a bow. Next up is the Christmyth Wyvern!
Here's this week's SBQ. Do you have any good internet links to tutorials for your favorite finishing techniques that you would like to share? I like having my pieces framed. I don't really finish much in other ways. I finish most of my ornaments as matboard ornaments, just because I love how neat they look, I don't have to drag out the sewing machine, and I don't usually have to buy anything to do it. I didn't learn it from any tutorial. I just kind of picked it up at the shop. One of things I love about it, is it only takes me an hour to do everything.
Jymi got his Christmas present early. He's been begging for a keyboard for a couple months. Since the night of no sleep, the boys have been alot happier to see Jymi when he gets home. Now that he's got the keyboard, too, Darin can't spend enough time with him. It's amazing what one day with a REALLY mean mommy can do.
They had a Secret Santa exchange at Jymi's work. Jymi, being the dorkball he is, pulled his own name though. So he traded names with Latonya, and he's known the whole time who had his name. She wanted to get him a mini whip as a gag gift, but she made sure it was okay with me first. I woke up this morning to find he'd hung it over the TV. I thought it was funny, but Jymi was kind of embarrassed to open it in front of everyone. She also gave him a restaurant gift card, so he had a real present, too. His boss also gave him a coffee cup, with some nice coffee and cinnamon sticks. So he did get something nice.
Next weekend, we're going to get a new Christmas tree. We're planning to get a fiber optic one, because the boys loved my mom's. Plus, it wouldn't have to be weighted down, which is why we always wait so long to put up the one we've got now. Then we'll take the boys to see Santa. All Tobi wants from Santa is the Cars video game. Good thing Santa's bringing it. Darin will just be happy to see Santa, and whatever Santa brings.

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:12 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 10:23 AM, Blogger Arthemise

That's a cute ornie.

 

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Meari

Congrats on finishing your model. Looking forward to seeing pics.

 

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sharon

congrats on your ornament finish-very cute.