Friday, December 22, 2006
Help Me Pick
I can't decided on my next project. I don't like the number of projects I have started. There's one more I'd like to start right away, but other than that, I want to keep working on the ones already started. Please help me choose. They all have pros and cons. Here they are, from oldest to newest.
First is Tobi's Toy's And Games Stocking. The reasons I should work on this: it's almost two years old, which is longer than I've let a project go, it's one of my family's traditions, and I don't want Tobi to be jealous that Darin has a stocking and he doesn't. The reasons I don't want to work on it: it never seems to end, there's no way I'll have it done by this Christmas, and I'll have to sew it together, and I currently hate sewing machines.
Next is Avatar: The Wizard Of The Wind. The reasons I should work on this: it's a year and a half old, I've only worked on it maybe three days all year, and Jymi likes it. The reasons I don't want to work on it: it never seems to end, I never feel like I'm making any progress, and it seems like there's always so much left to do.
The there's Jymi's Dragons By The Fire Stocking. The reasons I should work on this: it's only barely started, I don't want Jymi to be the only one in our family without a stocking, it's a year old. The reasons I don't want to work on it: it's only barely started, there's no way it'll be done for this Christmas, and if/when Jymi leaves, it's going to kill me every time I pick it up to work on it.
There's also In Every Nest. The reasons I should work on this: it's only barely started, I could have it finished this year, it's a small, relatively quick finish, to boost my confidence. The reasons I don't want to work on it: it's entirely converted, which I hate doing and keeping track of, it done with overdyes, which I'm not always in the mood yo work with, and I don't know what I'm going to do with it when it is finished.
Last, but definitely not least, is Persian Iris Garden. The reasons I should work on this: it's huge, it's gorgeous, I'm not allowing myself another chatelaine until I finish this one, and I LOVE the new White Lights. The reasons I don't want to work on it: it's on 32 ct. black, so I can't see well enough to work on it in the evenings, I haven't had the extra money to get the bead packs yet, and it's almost all silks, so I have to wash my hands even more often than usual.
Help me out, please! Thanks!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:16 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 12:22 PM, Blogger HasturTorres

I vote for Dragons by the Fire Stocking. I need to get to work on the Dragons by the Fire Stocking also. It is for my DH and I already have all the supplies. If you would ike to do a stich along for this piece let me know.

 

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I am no help whatsoever because I don't do well focusing on one piece. I'd rather work on lots of things at once so that I don't get completely sick of one thing. If a project starts to annoy me, I just switch to something else for a while. I tend to rotate by full weeks so that I actually accomplish something on everything.

If you want to follow my meandering path, I would do the two stockings and concentrate on Jymi's first so that you can more easily put it away when he's shipped. It's very pretty. I would also do Persian Garden because I want you to be in the White Nights class too!

 

At 4:45 PM, Blogger cathymk

Tobi's stocking looks the closet to finishing... but I would choose PIG just cause I'm thinking of picking mine up in the new year too.

 

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Juls

So hard to choose.....but I say Dragons by the fire...I think. I know I'm no help...sorry.