Sunday, December 10, 2006
It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas
I ended up sleeping most of Thursday away. I went to take a shower at seven, and could barely stand up. I figured it was time to finally go to bed. The boys got up at nine, and they came into my room and watched cartoons until I got up at eleven. They both took naps in the afternoon, and I took another nap at about three, for a couple hours. I then tried to go to bed early, but felt sick, as I always do when I haven't had enough sleep. I ended up staying awake until about midnight, when I felt better.
Friday, we had our annual shopping spree at Steve And Barry's. The boys and I each got a new jacket, since theirs from last year are too small, and I haven't had one in years. I've always just swiped Jymi's or worn a sweatshirt. We always get some new t-shirts there, too, since they have some funny one. The one in the picture is one we got for Tobi. It's actually an adult small, and a little big on him, but they didn't have it in kid's sizes. It's not as big on him as you'd think. We'll be buying him adult size clothes by the time he's seven. Jymi and I each got a shirt with an Irish flag, (since we're both of Irish descent). I found one with a witch silhouetted against the moon, that said, "Wicked Witch," that I had to have (probably influenced by my recent reading). Tobi freaked out that saying I couldn't buy that shirt; it was evil.
We then went to dinner with Latonya and her sons. Tobi loved talking to them, and he even won a game of checkers. We took the scenic route home, to see all the Christmas lights. As soon as we got home, though, I had to go back out to Target. Jymi told me on the way home his dad's family's Christmas was Saturday. Thanks for giving me plenty of notice! This year they were just doing presents for kids, so we had to get something for two of his cousins, and his cousin's baby. The two older ones we just gave cash in a card, because they're teenagers and everything they want is expensive. I bought some Peek-A-Blocks for the baby though, since she's only one. I made an effort to find something cool to her without irritating Jymi's cousin and his girlfriend. Then we get there, and the give my boys a mini pinball table! Next year, I'm buying his daughter a drum!
Darin was very sweet at the party. Tobi played mostly with the big kids, but Darin and the baby played together all afternoon. She wanted to play every one-year-old's favorite game, Throw It On The Floor To See How Many Times They'll Pick It Back Up. Darin picked it up and gave it back to her every single time. When it was time for presents, Darin was handed one of his first, and gave it to Trinity. Her dad was the one handing out presents, and he had to find one for her before Darin would open his. As much as he liked her and playing with her, he got very upset when she wanted to play with the train he got. He always got something else for her to play with, before he took his train back.
Then we went to Toys-R-Us, for some Santa shopping. Evidently there was a huge sale, because everyone in the world was there! I spent more time in line than I did fighting through all the people trying to find what the boys wanted. It was the first time in my life I ever thought to myself that I hate Christmas. It bothered me, because I love Christmas. I hate the crowds, the traffic, and the people who seem to think the only way to show their loved ones they care is by going into debt. I also got pretty mad at the people in the middle of the toy store, with six kids just with them, cussing at every other word. Does it not occur to them that maybe they should be more careful of what they say? I did mange to get the boys what they wanted. I'm gonna take the Christmas money they got from Jymi's grandfather and get them some more figures for their castle, and maybe another set of Star Wars Galactic Heroes for Tobi. He got Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 for his birthday, and I got most of his other favorites yesterday (Chewbacca, Anakin, Obi Wan, and Darth Vader, along with the others who come with those guys, C-3PO and Count Dooku, I think). His last favorite is Yoda. He'd probably like a Han Solo, too, but he's not as important. We were going to take the boys to see Santa, too, but by the time we got out of the toy store, Jymi and I were both out of patience. We did see a Santa and reindeer driving by, playing Christmas carols. Tobi and Darin waved and they waved back. We'll take them to really see Santa next weekend.
I got my ornament exchange Friday, from Vicki! She sent me Dragon Dreams' Not A Creature Was Stirring ornament. I love the finishing. She also sent some overdyed threads, some DMC in black, white, and ecru (colors every stitcher always needs), a card, and a chocolate bar. Can you guess why the candy's not in the picture? For once is not because my obnoxious children stole it! I also got an American flag button, from Canada! I didn't get a chance to mail mine until Saturday, but it should get there next week. When it's there, I'll share a picture!
I'm almost finished with my model. Just a few more days. So I should probably get my lazy butt off the computer and fix lunch, so I can start stitching!

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:10 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11:22 AM, Blogger crosseyedkat

Wow! what a busy weekend! I love the t-shirt(s). My DH gives me short notice on event, too, I think it must be a guy thing. Hopefully you can get some rest during the week ;)