Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Not Much Going On Here
Since I don't have much to say today, here's a fun Blogthing.
You Are a Mermaid

You are a total daydreamer, and people tend to think you're flakier than you actually are.
While your head is often in the clouds, you'll always come back to earth to help someone in need.
Beyond being a caring person, you are also very intelligent and rational.
You understand the connections of the universe better than almost anyone else.
What Mythological Creature Are You?

I've not been posting because there's nothing I can show. I have been stitching alot, though. I got to a stopping point on the model, and I'm currently trying to finish my ornament. I got the embellishment pack in yesterday's mail. It's over one, so I can only work on it in short bursts, but I did get four hours in.
Our computer is dying a slow, noisy, painful to me death. Last time it took me half an hour to get it to turn on. Since then I've been afraid to turn it off. We've ordered a new one, but it won't get here until sometime between Friday and Tuesday. Jymi's very good with computers, so he can take all the memory, and drives, and other stuff out of the old one and put it in the new one, and make a Frankenstein computer. It's the motherboard, fan, and video card we've had to replace. Jymi leaves for drill Friday morning though, and won't be back until Sunday. He won't feel like fixing when he gets home from that. The outage has started, so Jymi is currently working twelve hour days, six days a week, so he won't have a day off until next Saturday. I don't know that he'll want to fix it after work one day. Especially since he'll have to call Microsoft to load Windows again. So it'll probably be next week before I do not want to hit the computer with a baseball bat. It's a good thing we don't have one.
I got Jymi to quit smoking. Since he found out he's leaving, he's been whining that he wants an MP3 player. I've been asking for one for a year, but that's a bitch for another day. He had to have it right now, despite the fact that we didn't have the money. I told he could have it if he quit smoking. He threw the cigarettes away in front of Best Buy. It has (so far) cost us $125 in No Bounce fees at the bank, and as much as that bugs me, if it got Jymi to quit smoking before it had even been a week, it was worth it. He will not be getting any new toys for awhile, and he will have to eat Hot Pockets for lunch for the next couple weeks because that's all we'll be able to afford.
This outage is screwing up my system. I've been two days ahead all week, because Jymi went to work on Saturday. So it felt like Monday, and I've been off ever since. Jymi came home and found I'd lost half my mind yesterday, so that's all the signs of the outage. Jymi's always tired, and I'm always crazy. As much as I love my kids, I need a little break from them everyday. That's a little hard during the outage. Yesterday was particularly rough, because Darin was sick. He's fine today, so I guess it was just a bug. He got very mad at me last night when I gave him a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. Since he wasn't feeling well, though, it seemed like a bad idea to give him Cajun chicken and spicy rice. Call me strange.

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:52 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: