Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Some Questions
Here's a couple old SBQs. How did you get started stitching? Was there a person that inspired you? When I was little my mom and sister used to go to the Spirit Of Cross Stitch Festival in Winston Salem. When they came back one year, I asked if they'd teach me, too. I think I was about eight or nine. So they gave me a piece of pink Aida and a purple, blue, and green variegated thread. They showed me how t make an X, told me they all had to go the same way, and told me to make my name. They sat with me and watched. A little later when I'd finished, I asked for another piece of fabric. They gave me a bag with some small scrap sized pieces and let me pick what I wanted. I picked out the purple one, and began stitching my name again. When I brought it to Kathy, she looked surprised. I'd picked a 28 ct. or 32 ct. piece and was stitching over one. I stitched my name on that, too.
I picked up several kits after that, but never finished anything. I started a nativity scene from a magazine with seven little figures. I finished those at various points in time, but I finished the entire thing while pregnant with Darin in 2003.
Would you ever stitch one of your BAPs a second time? (This does not include starting over because of mistakes, bad fabric, etc., rather stitching something from the first stitch for a second time.) I kinda did this yesterday. As a general rule, no. The exception was Earth Song. I did consider it for awhile, before deciding to stitch something else instead.
Here is another question, but this one is from The Floss Box. The Internet has made it incredibly easy to share free patterns (I am not referring to pirated stuff). Do you spend less money now on buying patterns these days because of the access to good quality free patterns than a few years ago when freebies weren’t so common? To be honest, I think the only freebies I've ever stitched are the Dragon Dreams Christmyth series. I collect alot of freebies, but because I haven't invest any money in these projects yet, they get stuck on the bottom of my to do list. I don't think it's had any impact on the charts I buy. To me, freebies are meant to be a taste of a designer's style, to see if you'd like to purchase more. Anyway, that's enough of my opinions today.

Labels:

 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:40 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: