Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tobi's First Day
Tobi started school today. It was kinda bittersweet. I think it'll be worse next week. This week I get to help him find his classroom, and walk him into the school in the mornings. Next week, he'll get out of the car, walk in, and he'll be gone. His teachers are very nice, and he says he's made lots of friends. The pick up line at the end of the day was pretty long, but it won't be as long next week. I know some of the parents are just picking up their kids this first week.
I was worried about how Darin would react to Tobi being gone all day. When we got back in the car after taking Tobi inside, he wanted to ride in Tobi's seat. They both still ride in booster seat, so it wasn't a big deal. Then when we got home, Darin wanted to watch cartoons in my room. It wasn't wrong before I remembered why I let Tobi watch cartoons in there, but not Darin. The little twerp kept going through my stuff. Darin and I met my mom and sister for lunch at Olive Garden. Darin ate salad, breadsticks, fondue, his mac and cheese, and a sundae for dessert. Which he well deserved. Then we went to Target with Kathy, and back to her house for a while to hang out before picking up the kids.
If you click on the picture, you can see Tobi had another milestone this past week. He lost his first tooth! He came up to me one morning, all excited because the tooth fairy was gonna visit him. That was the first I'd heard of his loose tooth, but it fell out that evening at dinner. He was so excited! The only problem was when I went to play tooth fairy, I couldn't find the tooth.
Jymi called me tonight. It was the first time I've talked to him in about a week. He's going somewhere different now. It's still in Iraq, but it has phone and internet access, so I hopefully won't have to go two months without hearing from him. It's also alot safer than the area he was supposed to be going into. I can't tell you how happy I was when he told me!
About my last post, I've been looking at the local paper's website. I found an article today saying they have a suspect! The article says he could fifteen years in prison if convicted. I SOOOOOO hope they find him. Here's a link to original article my dad told me about. The paper's website was down yesterday. I was so mad though, I had to let it out somewhere.
I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted a stitching update. I've stitched a grand total of four days this month. I will post a picture of Angel Of Capricorn tomorrow, what little bit there is to show. Friday, I'm starting Earth Song for the New Start SAL. The whole first page has two different colors! Wow! I don't know how I'll keep up! That's all for today! Stitchy stuff tomorrow!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 6:37 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 1:00 PM, Blogger Sharon

It's always bittersweet when your kids go off to school for the first time. Good news about Jymi!