Thursday, July 13, 2006
Five Stages Of Grief And The Joys Of Getting Past Them
The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I think I've finally accepted the loss of my job, but I didn't do it in order. I was in denial when the old owner told me there was a possiblility I would not be rehired. I bargained with the owner to let me still hang models. I was very sad, because I loved that job, and all the people there. Then I got mad because I found out part of the reason I wasn't rehired was so the new owner's friend could have my hours. I have to say that pissed me off. I didn't say anything to anyone about that, though because I was also a little embarrassed about it. Yesterday though, J. and I were talking about office politics, and I finally told him. He was very sweet and gave me a hug, telling me that was a stupid decision on her part. He didn't understand, either, why she would give my job to someone who had been gone for over a year when she was just starting out. I think that helped me to accept it. Last night, I laid in bed and felt very calm about the whole thing. I have accepted it, and also that I probably won't be getting my job back in the fall; she was just trying to make me feel better.
I called Michaels to see if they had made a decision yet, and they told me they had a few more people to interview, and then they would call me back. I also got a call from a lady who had called the shop looking for someone to finish a piece for her. They gave her my number, and she's going to send me the piece to finish. I'm supposed to call her with an estimate when I get the package. So I've lost a job, got a job, and am still waiting to hear about a job.
I got a little done on A Brother, but not much, so no picture yet. It says "A brother shares." Maybe I should just stop there. I need to chart what I tell my boys: "Be nice to your brother. You're not getting another one!" I am going to spend most of today working on it. I'm hoping to get through "grown-up," so I can finish it tomorrow and take it to be framed. Then I'll work on In Every Nest until the paid project gets here.
I also want to answer this week's SBQ. Since you started blogging, have you noticed any difference in your stitching habits? Tell us about them.
I only started bloggin a few months ago, and I haven't really noticed any difference. I do take pictures more often, which encourages me alot, so maybe I get projects done faster. It helps to see progress.
I've had a very good morning so far. My boys let me sleep until nine, and when I got up, they both gave me HUGE hugs! They ate all their breakfast (no wonder since they didn't eat any dinner), and D. came and sat on my lap for a few minutes. It was nice; he smelled like peanut butter (they each had a granola bar with their cereal). I feel alot better in general having accepted that I lost my job, and knowing what's going on with Michaels for the moment. My dad called. He's a mechanic, and is going to help us fix our car. I sent him pictures, and he's going to look in the junkyards for a hood, a bumper, and a radiator. We'll buy new headlights and a battery. We have finally gone a whole week with a positive balance in our bank account. So everything is going great, and will continue until J. gets home and does something to ruin it. He's been funny the last couple days. I've been watching the first season of Desperate Housewives on DVD in the evenings, and J., against his will, has gotten into it. He won't admit it, but he is watching, laughing, and enjoying it!
Yesterday, I did sit-ups until I couldn't do any more. I also went for a walk. I did a mile and a half in twenty-seven minutes, which works out to a eighteen minute mile. It's not as good as last time, but it's still better than before. I've also been eating less. I am doing better. If I really wanted to, I could blame my overeating before on stress. Although if I really wanted to, I could've stopped myself. My life is looking up on all accounts. Thank goodness! I'm always grateful for all our health, my wonderful husband, and my sweet kids, but money to pay the bills helps alot, too! Love is not all you need. You tell a four-year-old all he needs is love when what he wants is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! See how long that lasts.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:37 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 1:59 PM, Blogger Sharon

It would have really been nice if the owner had been honest with you in the beginning. It is her loss. I still have my fingers crossed for Michael's. Sounds like things are turning around for you!

 

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Holley

I hope things work out with Michaels.

And I love the peanut butter hugs. Very cute.

 

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Karoline

Sorry to hear the new owner wasn't straight with you, I hope things work out with Michaels