Wednesday, June 28, 2006
A Happy Birthday Dance!
I have finished Dragonwings! It's only a week late for J.'s birthday! I actually finished it at 11:58 last night, so I guess it's only six days late. J. was in bed when I finished it, so I left it out for him to see, on the back of the chair, with a note that said, "Happy birththday/anniversary/Father's Day!" When I got up this morning, I could see that he had moved it.
I love it! I think it turned out well. It looks better in person than the picture on the chart. The picture on the chart seems a little blurry to me. I doubt mine is much better though. The lines in the border are so crisp in real life! The over one section came out much better than I expected! This was my first pattern that I've completed that had any over one. I am proud of myself! I did enjoy the stitching, but it was hard to start and end threads. I plan to do my other over one charts (like Merlin And Aurthur) on 28 ct. I think it might be a little easier that way, but probably not much.
The new owner has decided to hang my Time I Spend Stitching. I was going to ask about this one yesterday, but she wasn't there when I went. The old owner loved it though and said she'd recommend to the new owner that she hang it. We'll probably go down there Friday, since J. decided he wants to help pick out the frame. Of course he won't on Friday, and then I'll just pick out what I think looks good. It doesn't need a mat. All it needs is a black frame. I think a medium sized one, with a little design but not much. It needs very clean lines, and should still be fairly simple. I think "modern" may be the word I'm looking for, but I'm not sure.
Now I'm going to work on Liberty Fence. Then I have the two new Mother's Wisdom, three new Lizzie Kate ornaments, and a new Lizzie Kate Snippet, A Brother, all for the shop, hopefully. When I saw A Brother, I loved it. I would love to hang it in the shop, and then one day in the boys' room. I also want to do a Garfield chart for T. My dad gave me an old chart he had (from 1978) called Garfield's Diet Tips. On the top, it has Garfield jumping into a bowl of ice cream. T. told me he wanted it, so I decided to just do the ice cream bowl part for him, and add, "Bonzai!" underneath it. Then of course there's my three never ending (and never worked on) wips. For now though, I'll just do Liberty Fence. Then I'll take a week and do all the small projects. I think I'm going to try to work in In Every Nest, for the shop, too.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:12 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: