Sunday, July 02, 2006
Uncle Sam
Before I say anything else I have to get something off my chest. I watched "A Girl Like Me" Thursday afternoon. I have to say most Lifetime movies end up pretty stupid, and I feel like I've wasted my time when I watched them. This was a very interesting movie though. It kept your attention, it had a solid storyline, and more than anything else you could sympathize with the characters. As they are going to the funeral, even the people who support Gwen seem wrong. Here they are, waving signs like they're at a concert at a woman who's son was just murdered! At the end of the movie, they did their little public service announcement, like they alwasy do. It made me so mad! It went on about how brave it is to be yourself, and how it should be respected. It shouldn't have to be! Being yourself should be as normal as wearing underwear! Sometimes I can't believe how cruel people are over the stupidest things!
I took Dragonwings to be framed Friday. They loved it, and they're going to hang it in the shop. I also ordered the threads I still need for Persian Iris Garden. Of course now, part three has come out, so I need to order more. They're having a celebration at the shop Friday night, so I'll go to that (and register for the prize, a $100 shopping spree) and order them then. Then I went to my mom's, and she loaned us the money to get the car back. I don't think it's going to be as bad as I originally thought, but it's still more than we can afford. It definately needs a new hood, bumper, headlights, radiator, and a battery. I'm not sure what else will need to be replaced. Then T. and I went to see Garfield: A Tale Of Two Kitties with my mom, my grandma, my sister, and her kids. T. has been begging to see it. He loved it, and spent the rest of the day talking about it. It was better than the first Garfield movie. When I got home, I took some pictures of the car.
I spent Saturday working on Liberty Fence, while J. played video games. I got alot done, but Blogger won't let me put up any pictures. I also went to the library and got a book on tape and signed the boys up for the summer reading program. I also go T. his favorite book, "No, David!" He can read it by himself.
J.'s parents took us out to dinner tonight, for J.'s birthday. They took us to a barbeque resteraunt, because I don't like barbeque. I'm sorry, but when I have to spend half the meal waving away flies, I tend not to enjoy it! The for dessert, they ordered a fried Oreo sundae for us. It sounded good, but it should've come with a heart transplant. It was greasy and nasty. T. liked it, though.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:34 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: