Thursday, June 29, 2006
The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Piece Of Fabric
I started working on Liberty Fence. The grass kind of blends into the background, but I think it'll work. I like it, and that's what's important. I'd like to hang it in the shop, but if they don't want it, it's not that big of a deal. After stitching over one on 32 ct., this over two on 28 seems weird.
I spent most of yesterday morning organizing and kitting up projects. The ones that use overdyed threads are very hard, because they don't repeat very often. My big projects and my new little ones that are all DMC, though, are a pain. They are all repeated. So I have to figure out which one I'm doing first, which threads I've already put in a project bag, and why this color isn't where it's supposed be. Now what do I really want to work on? I want all three of the Mirabilia holiday fairies. Now where do I find the money? I've applied at Michaels, but they're not really hiring right now. I guess I'll go back to cleaning my mom's house every two weeks. That will get me all three kits in a couple months. That is of course assuming we don't need it for groceries.
Money's VERY tight now. I don't know how we're going to pay the bills. We can't get the car back from the towing company because we can't afford to pay them, but the bill is running up every day we leave it there. To top it off, my glasses, my rings (none of which are really worth anything, but all are very special to me), and my new Less Than Jake CD in the car when they towed it. Even my wedding ring is in the car! It was just a "temporary wedding ring," meant to last until J. could afford to buy me a diamond. So it's not worth more than $30, but it had alot more sentimental value. So does my $5 ring. It just a small sterling silver dragon, but J. got it for me on the first day of our honeymoon, at Chimney Rock Park. Anyways, I digress. I'm going to my mom's tomorrow to ask her advice. I just can't figure out where we should go from here, and I don't think J. does either. Every day he has a new plan, but none of them are very realistic, or practical. Most of them involve going back to only having one car. He usually wants to sell both cars and put the money towards another one. Which not only means going back to that frustration I have not missed, but a car payment! We can't afford the bills we have now, let alone another one! I had my nails taken off last night, so that'll save us $50 a month. J. was doing very well on cutting down his smoking until the accident. Since then his stress level has gone through the roof. He's still trying, and doing good at home, but it's hell for him at work. He wants to get a new job, but he probably won't find anywhere in town that'll pay him starting what he makes now, and we can't afford for him to make less. I think he'll get over it on his own. I hope so. We don't need any more changes right now. This is part of why T. still isn't potty trained. Every time we get close to six months without a major change, something happens. We moved, we had D., we moved, J. went to bootcamp, J. came back, and now J. wants a new job. Besides, any more big changes this week, I think I'll lose my mind!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:14 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: