Saturday, July 08, 2006
Three Happy Dances In One Day
Here, finally, are my progress pics of Liberty Fence. I finished it Thursday! Yay! After that, I started the next Lizzie Kate ornament, Caring. Then I finished it the same day! I'm going to wiait on the picture of that until I've finished the other two. Now, I'm about halfway through with Family. I was busy yesterday, so I didn't work on it much. I had to clean my mom's, then I had to go get groceries. I got to come home for an hour, then went to the retirment party at the shop. I talked to the new owner, and she's going to hang my fence. She may want me to take home my Spooky Fence. It's been up for almost a year. It'll be one week short when the new one is done. She's not sure she wants four fences hanging, but they don't sell well until they're done up. Nautical Fence sat there for five months, and we sold two. I do a model, and we're selling one at least every two weeks. I won't hang Sweetheart Fence in the shop, because one of the colors (Weeks Dye Works Cyclamen) has been discontinued. You can't hang something on the wall and then say, "Oh no, you can't have that; they don't make it anymore." I could substitute it, but I don't realy want to. I'll just wait for the framing special and pay for it myself. I'd like to have Garfield done by then, too. I ended up working some at the party. A couple people brought in some framing, and since I was back there with mine, I typed up their's, too. I finally got my new Mother's Wisdom charts while I was there, and some thread. Now all I need for Persian Iris Garden are the Needlepoint Inc. Silks, Gloriana, and Silken Pearl. Oh, and the beads, too.
My third happy dance Thursday had nothing to do with stitching. I finally, after meaning to do it for two months now, organized the DVDs. I separated the J.'s and my movies from the boy's, and put them all in alphabetical order. The picture doesn't show all the boys' movies; they have two more cabinets. They have to stay in alphabetical order, because of the way our living room is set up. The doors don't open all the way, so I have to stick my arm in, pull something out, and decide whether to go forward or back to find the movie I'm looking for. I was going to separate J.'s and mine, too, but there was too much overlap. There's a little overlap with the grown up and the boy's movies but not where you'd expect. There are several live action Disney movies that are mine. The boys are too young to get into Holes, The Princess Diaries, and National Treasure. They will watch Secondhand Lions and The Pacifier, but they won't request them. The grown up movies they like? Ghostbusters, I, Robot, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Pirates Of The Carribean, Star Wars, Moulin Rouge, Men In Black II, The Corpse Bride, and Spaceballs! Do you see the trend? Ghosts, robots, aliens and robots, pirates, aliens and robots, girls in underwear (boys will be boys), aliens and big guns, zombies, aliens and robots. I guess I can't say too much. With the exception of Spaceballs and Star Wars, those are all primarily my movies. Spaceballs is technically J.'s (as in he bought it before we moved in together), but he doesn't really watch it. My dad sent me Star Wars, but I'm not a huge fan (I like them, but I can only see one a month,or I get sick of them), so they're more J.'s.
J. has drill today, so I have the majority of the day free to stitch. I want to finish my Lizzie Kates this weekend, and hopefully get a start on my Mother's Wisdom. I guess I shold feed the boys breakfast. I can hear them banging around their room. I should also get off the stupid computer if I'm going to stitch! Have a nice weekend!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 6:20 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 1:47 PM, Blogger Karin

Liberty Fence looks great! Congrats on the HD's.

 

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Sharon

Wow! I was tired by the time I finished reading your post! I need that energy! Congratulations on completing libery fence-it looks great!