Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Racy Movies And Dirty Movies
Sunday, I took T. to see Cars. I have to say it was pretty racy for a Disney movie. They talked about "hillbilly hell." They big race is called the Piston Cup, and at one point the race car is talking about it. Then Mater (short for Tow Mater, played by Larry The Cable Guy) says, "He did what in his cup?" All the adults in the theater laughed, and all the kids looked around confused. The themes were a little grown up for T., but it was a cute movie. It was alot about enjoying the journey, not just how fast you get there. It kind of reminded me of cross stitch.
I've been working exclusively on Dragonwings. I'm a little afraid if I start Liberty Fence, I woun't want to work on Dragonwwings anymore. Right now, I'm os into it, I'm afraid to put it down. After T. and I got back, J. and I watched a dirty movie: Seconhand Lions. It's a wonderful, sweet movie, but my DVD was dirty, and it kept skipping. We watched it though, and had a nice quiet afternoon. I got a little done on Dragonwings while we watched. Then, yesterday, I ripped it all out and fixed it. So I don't feel like I've gotten alot done.
Considering how broke we are, I sure seem to have gotten alot of stuff this week. I got the free magazines, the stash for my model, my fabric of the month (which I did have to pay for), and yesterday I got a random act of kindness. Sara (RxLady) from The Wagon sent me Teresa Wentzler's The Princess And The Dragon, and some DMC from my wishlist (the colors in the picture are not for the chart). I was so surprised, and it was such a nice gesture. I was moved to tears. I absolutely love it all! All I need to start it is the fabric, two skeins of DMC, and two packages of beads. I think fate is trying to tell me to start a Teresa Wentzler, since I've gotten five new ones this week (three in the magazines, Celestial Dragon, and now this). Maybe I'll do one for my next big project. I am suddenly very eager to do this one.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:26 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 5:58 PM, Blogger cathymk

Dragonwings is looking stunning!!

What a lovely RAK to receive. Enjoy your goodies!