Wednesday, June 14, 2006
I Need A Brick Wall
to bang my head on. We're leaving Saturday to go visit my dad in Virginia Beach. We still have to pay rent, and J.'s going to get just enough to pay rent. We should be able to get up there and only have to fill up the car once. So we have enough to get up there, and that's about it. We're planning to stay almost a week, but I just don't see how. Every time I thnk about our money situation, I want to cry. It's all so frustrating! Why can't my bank account just automatically refill with money when it gets low? All the other bills are going to be due, too. Then rent's going to be due again! On top of this, I babysat my sister kids today. I was dreading it; getting up early and dealing with four kids all morning. It turns out my two were the brats this time. One of them was throwing a tantrum all day. When J. gets home, I'm going to hide in the bedroom and cry.
Anyway, I'm done venting now. Que, sera, sera. If worse comes to worse, I'll ask my mom for help. We've still got to get someone to take care of the animals while we're gone. Deep breaths.
This week's SBQ is: how many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them? I guess it depends on what qualifies as a book. We have some customers who call any chart a book. In that case, I don't have time to count! I'm leaving in a couple days. I pull them out and flip through/fondle about once a week. If it's a book with more than one chart, I have a few. I can think of about six off the top of my head. I have a stocking out of one of those books started. I flip through those every once in a while, too. If it's books about stitching, just full of specialty stitches, or something to that nature, I don't have any. I can't say I really want any.
I'm still working on Dragonwings, but I haven't taken a picture today. I will take one tomorrow, my last one before the trip. I did get a good bit done while babysitting today, considering I was keeping track of four children and a half wild dog the whole time. I'm hoping to finish all the regular cross stitch tomorrow, but I also have to do laundry. We're leaving at about four in the morning, so it'll be too dark to stitch then, but chances are I'll go back to sleep. I will stitch in the car once the sun comes up. I'll (hopefully) be working on the one-over section. If I had known when I got the fabric that this chart had a one-over part, I wouldn't have bought 32 ct. fabric. Cross your fingers for me; this will be my first attempt at stitching over one when I'm supposed to. The first time I started Lucien, I stitched all the black over one, because nobody told I needed to go over two. If the beads weren't already petite beads, my mom wouldn't have told me. She would've let me keep doing it, and just gotten smaller beads. I could tell it broke her heart to tell me I had to take it all out. Now I'm a little afraid to try it, but if I'm going to stitch Merlin And Aurthur, I guess I'll have to get over it.
I've started the laundry for the trip. J. doesn't have any pants to wear to work tomorrow, so I can't go to bed until they're done. I guess I'll just have to spend some more quality time with Dragonwings. (J. laughed when I told him I named the dragon Elliott.) Darn! So to quote Robert Frost: "I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." Good night!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 3:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: