Friday, November 03, 2006
SBQ
Time for this week's SBQ! How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you? I got it from an episode of Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon. I don't remember exactly what happened, but for some reason Carl (the fat boy with glasses and a strange obsession with llamas) yelled, "Stop the world! I want to get off!" It always stuck in my head, especially on those days when everything seems to be crashing around me. So when I decided to start a blog to show my stitching and vent about my strange children, it made sense. It's a place for me to organize my thoughts and keep track of my stitching progress. So this is where I go when I get off the world. It has helped me to relieve some stress. There are not nearly as many days where Jymi comes home and I lock myself in the bedroom cause I need a break.
The model is coming along great! I love it! I worked on my ornament one day. I'm so into the model now though, that I can't put it down.
The money situation is still improving. Yesterday, though we somehow got $200 in our savings account that wasn't ours. I called the bank today, and they've figured out the problem. It was just a typo when they were depositing the money, and it got put in the wrong account. They said they would take care of it, but it's still there. Hopefully they'll get it all worked out quickly. Someone probably needs that money.
Jymi's working extra today, doing lead. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but they pay him about time and a half for straight lead pay, and time and a half from that for overtime. So he ends up making a little over twice as much as his normal pay. Today, he's working for noon to midnight, with a two hour orientation first. He also gets two days per diem. I'm not sure why, but I'm not gonna argue! What are we doing with all this extra money? Nothing too interesting. Most of it's going to pay back my mom and/or bills.
We are going out this weekend with some of it, though. My mom agreed to watch the boys overnight Saturday so Jymi and I could celebrate! Sunday will be our two year anniversary. Saturday night, Jymi and I are doing our usual night out. We'll go to dinner, probably at Applebee's, then to a movie. After that, the bookstore, and then Blockbuster, to get another movie to watch. I'm going shopping with some of the women he works with, so I may get something new to wear. It will be a little awkward, as I don't know most of them very well, and I will be the youngest. Most of them have children my age. When his partner asked if I wanted to go, though, I couldn't say no. As Jymi told her, I never turn down an invitation to go shopping!
Sunday, we are going to the Renaissance Festival! Neither of us have been in about seven years. We never seem to have the money or the time. Especially if we want to take he boys. It's just going to be the two of though. I can't wait! This is looking like it's oing to be a wonderful weekend! The only thing I'm worried about is I probably should've mentioned to my mom that the boys haven't adjusted to the time change yet, and are getting up at 5:30. After this weekend, she may never be willing to babysit again!

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 1:35 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 8:31 PM, Blogger Meari

Did I miss it? Who's the two in the pic?

 

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Karoline

Happy Anniversary :)