Monday, October 30, 2006
I'm Back!
I'm stitching again. I got the kitchen clean, and that took care of most of the flies. I'm still working on cleaning, but right now, it's laundry. Once I get all that done, I'll finish super cleaning, but in the meantime, I'm stitching between loads. I knew I had a model on the way, so I didn't want to get back into Tobi's stocking with only a few days to work on it, so I pulled out my Persian Iris Garden. I got part two finished! I've got a model now, though, so it's put away.
I signed up for the Christmas Ornament Exchange on the Needle And Thread Bulletin Board. This will be my first exchange. I think I'll set aside an hour a day to work on it, and spend the rest on the model.
While doing laundry, Darin found a pair of Jymi's socks and decided to wear them. My little kleptomaniac.
Jymi bought me The End, the last book in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I'm gonna have to get the others and reread them. I forget things, waiting for one of the two copies of each one at the library.
So much for doing better with our money problems. We have to send my dad money because there's still something wrong with our car. On top of that, our computer is on it's last legs. Jymi can get new parts and fix it for relatively cheap, but it's still more money than we have. Jymi and I also discussed getting me a laptop. It's still a big if, but since I mainly want one to write and play games on, I don't need lots of extras. Jymi found one that was about the same price and the new parts for the old computer, with what I need on it. Maybe after we pay back my mom, and get the insurance and tags for the new car. We've decided Christmas is only for the kids this year. We'll get the boys a new tv for their room, and some clothes, and something for Jymi's sister, and my sister's kids, and that's it. That's going to be all we can afford. Thank goodness the outage is coming up.
Here's this week's SBQ. If you were to come across a sampler chart that caught your eye and appealed to you, would you or would you not stitch it if it had a morbid or “creepy” saying on it? If not, why? I don't really like samplers, so it's not a big issue. Halloween stuff, like Raise The Roof's Sleepy Hollow Sampler, I love! The verse on The Houses Of Hawk Hollow Run ("When I am dead and in my grave, and all my bones are rotten, remember me when this you see list I should be forgotten. Remember me as you pass by, as you are now so once was I, as I am now so must you be, prepare for death and follow me.") really turns me off. Yes we are all going to die one day, but I don't really want to be reminded everyday. What would my kids think reading that? It would scare the hell out of them! As it is, my makes me sick, picture rotting bones in a coffin. Eww.

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:43 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 2:51 PM, Blogger Arthemise

I joined the ornament exchange too. Should be fun!

 

At 7:18 AM, Blogger cathymk

PIG is looking just beautiful!! I've just been looking at mine again but I probably won't get a chance to play with it for another couple of months, realistically speaking.

I'm glad you're back! Cleaning is the pits!

 

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Sharon

welcome back! persian iris is looking good-don't work to hard!