Wednesday, December 27, 2006
It's Over
We've all survived Christmas. The boys got a nice haul. For their one early present, they both picked the one from my dad. Tobi went for the DVD/game shaped one, and Darin went for the one in penguin paper. Shouts of "Star Wars" and "Thomas" filled the house. Tobi got Attack Of The Clones, completing his Star Wars DVD collection. Darin actually got Percy, to go with his Thomas The Tank Engine Lego set. The boys decided that Jymi could open a present early, too, so they him their gift. When I told Jymi I couldn't get what I'd planned to, he guessed I'd gotten season five of 24. I told him no, because technically, that's what the boys got him.
That night, when I took off my shirt, Jymi noticed my bra had a hole in it, and told me to open a specific present. Inside the shoebox he wrapped, was a gift card to Old navy so I could buy some new jeans and shirts, and some cash, so I could finally buy some new bras. The best part of it was, he promised not to come or ask me to take the boys, because he knows I'd end up spending it on them. I went last night to spend the cash. Let me just say now, Victoria's Secret sucks. All their bras run small. I did find some that fit at another store, and with all the sales, I saved almost as much as I spent. Friday, I'm driving up to Charlotte to spend the rest.
The boys had a wonderful Christmas. They were amazed to see all that Santa had brought! Darin was excited by his books, and Tobi was over the moon about all his Star Wars guys. It's now his "Star Wars collection." Jymi's parents gave him even more Star Wars Galactic Heroes. He still need Yoda, and then he's got everybody he loves. I wish they made a General Grevious.
When Darin opened his Diego playhouse, he really got in the mood! It was the first time he's ever torn the paper off that fast! He loves it. I'm ready to return it. It's the only present they got this year that requires batteries. Tobi got an Imaginext castle, which Jymi decided was really cool while he opened it. Tobi's going to take his Christmas money and get the dragon to go with it, and some more people.
Darin was all about his bath time pirate ship. Tinkerbell likes Diego's playhouse, too. She keeps walking through it, and chewing on Mama Jaguar. I gave Jymi a copy of Eldest. He loved Eragon, but he hasn't wanted to spend the money on the hardcover sequel. When I wrapped it, I noticed it was a special edition. It has all these extras in it, including a list of all characters and places, a preview of the next book, a picture of the cover, and some other stuff. He was really pleased, but now he wants to reread Eragon first.
The "boys" got me my favorite present. It's a charm bracelet. It's got two little boy charms, one for each of them. They remind me so much of my boys. They're standing, smiling, with their hands in their pockets. I can see my boys doing that, only it's scary when they do it. When they do it, I know they've done something else, and I have to o see what they've broken, drawn on, or put the cat in. Between the two boys, there's a heart, for Jymi. It was so sweet.
The picture is just my obnoxious cat, hiding in my blanket. We had a nice time at Jymi's grandparents. The boys made out like bandits. Once again, shouts of "Thomas" and "Star Wars" filled the room. The boys loved everything, even the clothes! In fact Darin's favorite present was the Buzz Lightyear pajamas. He insisted on taking all his normal clothes and putting them on. Jymi was a little disappointed. He was hoping for more gift cards, so he could get a Wii. He loves everything, though. Jymi's grandparents gave me a beautiful bracelet and earrings to match!
On the way to his grandparents, Jymi scared the hell out of me and the kids. He decided to take a dirt road, that's usually shorter. Unfortunately, it was raining, and there was a huge puddle. Jymi tried to drive through it, and we hydroplaned, which was very scary since the woods are very close to the woods. We got through it fine though, no accident, no injury, just a small heart attack. As soon as we turned off the dirt road, though, the car stalled! The engine had flooded. We tried for about fifteen minutes, to get the car started. Jymi, then called his dad, and when he got off the phone, he tried the car one more time. Of course, then it started. Thank goodness!
After Jymi's family, we went to my mom's. My niece and nephew both loved their presents. The boys got even more stuff. They got nine movies, if you count the two copies of The Little Mermaid as one movie. We're giving one to my sister's kids. My mom knitted me a hat (white thing in the picture), and crocheted me a purse (blue thing in the picture). It's from the Happy Hooker book we got her for her birthday. She made a red one, and decided to give me one for Christmas, but that I wouldn't use a red one. So she started a black one for me. I came over for something, and saw the red one. I told her I'd like one in blue or black. So she gave the black one to my sister, and ordered more of the special nylon yarn (she had to special order it from Mexico) in blue. I love it! All in all, we had a wonderful holiday!
My grandma also had an exciting day! She told her chiropractor about her foster children one day. He told his friend, who's a reporter for the local newspaper. He came out to the house to interview her! After the interview, he said it was such a heartwarming story, they were going to put it in the Christmas edition! Come Christmas day, she was on the front page! She was so embarrassed by all this fuss! As she said in the article, "Babies are babies. They need love." If you want to read the article, here's the link.

I have been stitching on part three of Persian Iris Garden, while I try to pick my next project. I still haven't decided. I am not really planning a one at a time thing, so much as a one at a time until I get sick of it and move on to something else. If anybody else has an opinion, I'm still taking suggestions.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:31 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sara

Sounds like your family had a lovely Christmas:)

 

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Arthemise

Awesome toys! Good thing I don't have any kids yet. I'd buy way too much stuff.

 

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Sharon

Looks like you guys had a fab Christmas! I hope you and your have a Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

 

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas!

Happy New Year Faye, hope 2007 is a good one for you.