Sunday, January 07, 2007
One In The Afternoon, And My Brain Still Hasn't Woken Up
I don't have too much to say today. Here's my progress from the Castle SAL yesterday. I didn't feel much like stitching, but after dinner, the boys and I sat down to watch Pete's Dragon. Stitching on The Castle just seemed appropriate. I'll pick it up again on Monday.
Jymi had drill, so it was just the three of us. He called me about four, but the battery on his phone was almost dead, so it wasn't for long. They told him they would probably only have to more drills before they left. I think that was a big part of my mood yesterday. Ever since then, it's felt like I had a lead ball in my stomach, and it's always very cold. Then again, it is winter, so maybe it really is cold. I just can't bear to think about it. I guess I'm still in denial, but I hang out there alot, and they know me there.
I'm still working on part three. The second carpet went alot faster than the first, and hopefully the last two will go as smoothly. This is why rotations just slow me down; it takes me a couple days to get into a groove, where I really enjoy the project. The first carpet took me five days, where the second only took three.
I had to go to the lns to get some needles, and to see if my Halloween thing was framed yet. They told me the beginning of November, then never called. So I hadn't been in. It was ready, and I paid some on both of them. Framing's especially expensive when you can only afford to pay ten dollars a week and you don't get a discount. In the sale bin, I found Irish Coffee. I'd always liked it, but I wasn't sure I'd stitch it, or if Jymi would like it. I don't drink coffee, so it's going to be a sort of gift for him, for the kitchen. I wouldn't pay the regular price for it, but for half off, it was okay. I also got another Hob Nobb Doodle to do (this will make three that I haven't done yet), but this one's for Jymi, to kinda go with the Irish Coffee one. I got A Wee Bit Irish. I've got a quarter yard of Crystal Highland from my fabric of the month club last year, that I haven't made any plans for, so I think I'll do them both on it. I was planning on taking them at the next framing special in April, but I guess it won't matter that much if Jymi's gone. I was considering working on them while he's at work, so he would be suprised. I may still try, but I'm gonna finish part three first. I've gotta get some new fabric scissors first anyway. Cutting the sparklie fabrics dull the scissor blades quickly, so I don't want to use the nice Ginghers my mom gave me (because I could never afford them on my own). I think I'll start the little one tomorrow, when I get up. I can get some cheap scissors tonight after Jymi gets home. I'm gonna go pull the threads now, as my brain seems to have stopped working. That way, as soon as I get up, I can get started.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 12:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: