Thursday, January 25, 2007
SBQs And A Poll
I've added a poll to my sidebar; all votes would be appreciated. Jymi's grandmother got a Christmas card with some Valerie Pfeiffer birds, and liked it so much, she bought a frame for it. I'm planning of doing a trio for her for Christmas, but I can't decide which one. The only two I can decided not to do are Fish Tonight? and Three Little Maids. I think she'd like a set of songbirds more. That makes it harder for me though, because Three Little Maids is my favorite. I asked Tobi to help me pick, and he also liked Three Little Maids best. Please vote and help me pick. Thanks!
I also have three weeks of SBQs to catch up on, so here goes. Do you dream of running your own LNS/ONS? If so, tell us about your dream. If not, tell us about your cross stitch dream… maybe you dream of designing, dyeing your own floss or fabric, etc. Yes and no. On the one hand I loved my job at the shop. I did kinda dream that I could buy it when it was up for sale, but as the owner said, it cannot be a hobby. If you're going to own any business, it has to be your life, or it will go under. I just don't want that. I want my job to be just that; a job I can leave behind at the end of the day. I like being home with my kids most days, and I love tucking them into bed and reading them stories every night. No job could ever pay enough to make it worthwhile to miss that. That's why I haven't tried too hard to find another job. Two days a week was great. I wouldn't mind dying my own fabric and/or flosses, but I don't think the colors I pick would sell very well to normal people. I'd also love to design, but I have absolutely no artistic talent, and I pretty sure you'd need at least a little bit.
Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that talks about it.) If not, when do you predict it will be? No happy dances yet, but I plan to have one later today or very early tomorrow (like one or two in the morning, before I go to bed tonight). That will be the model, so no pictures. I finished part three, and I guess that's sort of a happy dance. I also plan to finish In Every Nest the day after I finish the model. That will be my first happy dance I can show pictures of. I just have the one egg left, and the last one only took me a day to do. That kinda depresses me, because it seems like everyone else has already had one.
What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why? I LOVE PICTURE THIS PLUS FABRICS! They are colorfast, and that's a major plus. They come in sparkly fabrics which I love (in case you haven't noticed), they're soft, they have beautiful colors, and they smell good. Yes, I know that last one seems silly, but when ever I opened the box to check in the fabrics, it always smelled like cinnamon. I don't like Lakeside Linens, and part of that is that they always smell weird. Another part is they only seem to come in neutrals. I like blue and green fabrics. So about 85% of what I stitch is on Picture This Plus Crystal linens.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:36 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: