Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Green Around The Gills
I've been doing lots of green things lately. Here's A Wee Bit Irish, which I finished Tuesday, while waiting to pick up Alex from school. Actually, I finished the last shamrock while in line. Once I got home, it seemed silly to stop, since all I left was to backstitch the letters. So I finished it up that afternoon.
Wednesday, both Chris and Alex stayed home from school, and Leon asked me to sit with them, so he could go to work. That was one miserable day. Chris and Alex spend the day in quarantine in Chris' room, per their dad's instruction, trying to keep Tobi and Darin from getting sick. So while I have to play waitress and nurse to them, I also have to try to keep my boys halfway quiet and entertained. By noon, I was sick of watching Noggin with the boys. For those lucky enough to not know what Noggin is, it's a TV station that shows preschool shows from six in the morning until six at night. So after lunch, I went into Kathy's room to watch some grown up TV and stitch. I did finish In Every Nest. When Jymi got off work at 4:30, he stopped by and picked up the boys. Then Chris and Alex could come out. So the three of us played cards until Leon got home.
Thursday, I had asked Jymi to wake me when he left. Leon was going to call me early to let me know whether the kids had gone to school. Jymi leaves at five in the morning. So he woke me, kissed me good bye, and reset the alarm clock for a couple hours later. Does my hubby know me or what? At 5:30, the phone rang. I get up, cussing about Leon calling this early, and it's Jymi. He tells me to look out the window; it's snowing! It wasn't snowing at our house yet, but it was within ten minutes. By the time Leon called, two hours later, there was six inches of snow on the ground. If you click on the picture, you can see it was still falling at the time. It doesn't snow here often, and they cancel school if there's even a chance of snow. Leon asked if I would come over and babysit. I didn't want to drive in all that snow, but I offered to let them come over. Leon said that was fine, but by the time he got here, he'd changed his mind. Chris has asthma, and is allergic to cats. So Leon was worried about him staying all day at my house. He got there and asked if the kids could borrow a couple movies to watch in his office. His theater doesn't show kids' movies. They only show independent/serious/award winner movies. He was hoping that by taking them with him, he could get out early. I was so happy to not have to babysit, since the kids had given me their flu.
That's also why I haven't been around lately. I haven't really been on the message boards, or commenting on blogs. I've been so wiped out, it's all I can do to check my email and bank account. I've been reading, and I am interested; I just haven't had the energy to type out comments. Sorry.
Friday, most of the snow was gone, so I did have to babysit, all day. Leon told me he was going to try to come home after a meeting at two. At seven, Jymi had called me five times, asking if I was ever coming home. I love those kids like they were my own, but by the end of the week, I was sick of them. I agreed to watch them for a few hours after school, not all day, everyday.
I've been working on Irish Coffee. I didn't do my usual SALs this past weekend, because I was still feeling bad. I didn't want to work on something I really had to think about. So I'm almost done with it. I'll do the handle and backstitch today, and finish it tomorrow with the Whisper and button.
Everything I've worked on the past week has been on green fabric. It kinda looks blue in the picture, but the fabric for A Wee Bit Irish and Irish Coffee is Crystal Highland, and yellowy-green.
The last model I stitched had some issues with the mail. It finally got there yesterday, like a week and a half after I sent it. It usually only takes a few days. The good news is I can show pictures next week of my two models! Yay!

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:17 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: