Thursday, March 08, 2007
Finally!
Almost two years after I first started those shelves, I have finished! At least the cross stitch! It's not much, but I've barely worked on it since I started, so any achievement seems huge! I keep getting distarcted. Now on to the drawers!
Here's this week's SBQ. Do you use your needle, a seam ripper, or something else when you have to frog stitches? Why do you use the method that you do? I usually just use my needle. Working at the shop, I saw too many people buying whole new pieces of fabric because they'd cut holes in their fabric with scissors or seam rippers. I'll use my scissors if there's ALOT to cut out, but I go very slowly.
I also sewed a button on Jymi's pants last night. It's not really that big a deal, but he was so funny. He got so excited when I told him I could fix his pants. The biggest reason I fixed them was so I wouldn't have to do laundry.
Tobi has been doing lots of chores lately. He found out there were Star Wars Galactic Heroes he didn't have yet, so he asked if he could have more guys for his "Star Wars Collection". I told him we didn't have the money right now, so he picked up all the change he could find, and brought it to me. He said, "Mommy, I've got money now." He was actually only a dollar short. So now he's been helping me clean the kitchen and the living room, picking up the trash, ect., and I've been paying him. I'm sure by now he has enough money, but I'm not taking six dollars in change to Target, so when I have money in the account, I'll take him and let him pick out a new set. By then though, he may have enough money for two. I'm proud of him, learning to earn money. Anyway. I think I'm done rambling now! Have a nice weekend!

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:22 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: