Monday, February 19, 2007
Another Busy Weekend
We had a pleasant Valentine's Day. On his way home, Jymi called to tell me to get the boys dressed; we were going out to dinner. I got him season one of 24 (now he just needs season four, and his collection's complete). I had gone to Target to get the boys Cinderella III and Bambi for the boys for Valentine's. While in the store, I saw they had season one marked down from $60 to twenty! I also went to the bookstore, since I finished Mirror, Mirror. (It had a surprise ending for a retelling of a fairy tale, but it was still a little anticlimactic.) While I was there, I saw they had James Bond 007 Scene It? on the sale table for $20, marked down from fifty. So now when we play, he'll use his to have James Bond questions, and I'll use mine and have Harry Potter.
Jymi was sick again, and stayed home Thursday. So I went to get tags and insurance for the new (to us) car. I actually didn't have to wait much at either place (it's a sign of the apocalypse), but it still took all day. Everything is set for the car now, though. I just have to go pick it up now. If all goes well, the boys and I will rent a car and go up Wednesday.
Friday, Jymi gave me my Valentine's gift, since he couldn't get me what he originally planned. He was going to get me these earrings, but we didn't have the money. They would go with the dragon ring Jymi bought me on our honeymoon. Instead, while I took the boys to my mom's, he cleaned the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. My mom asked to babysit over night for Jymi and I to go out. She was eager to see the boys, and we weren't going to argue with a night off. Jymi and I went to see Ghost Rider. I enjoyed it, but Jymi didn't. I went in expecting it to be stupid, but Jymi thought it would great. Low expectations make movies so much better. It was predictable, but it was a comic book movie, and they're all pretty similar. Afterward we came home, and the two of us cleaned our room and rearranged the furniture.
When I got home Saturday from picking up the boys, Jymi wanted to move the computer into the bedroom. I agreed, on the condition that we finally get some ink for the printer. So I have finally been able to print parts six through ten of Persian Iris Garden! Now I just need the time to stitch them!
He also fixed the scanner. I did work on part four some this week. Not much, though. I haven't felt like stitching much, but I'm getting more into it.
Yesterday was the Black Swan SAL, and I finished the top of Jymi's stocking! It's only been fourteen months since I started it. Obviously, I haven't worked on it much. I hoping to finish it this year with the SAL every Sunday. I didn't work on The Castle Saturday; too much going on. It is on the Q-Snaps though, so I will work on it today.
I'm also behind on SBQs, as always. So here's one. Have you ever been to a stitching retreat? January of last year, my mom took me on the cruise offered through the cross stitch shop. The three days we were at sea all day, we had class for an hour in the morning. More than anything else, it was an excuse to take a cruise, and we had a blast. I worked on my class project in class, and that was it. I have not touched it since. I doubt I'll ever finish it. In 2001, my mom and I went to the CATS show Atlanta. My sister was also moving out of Atlanta and after the show we helped her move. That was a bittersweet experience. On the way down there, my mom told Teresa Wentzler might be there. She was, and I got her Four Seasons Faeries book, and got it autographed! On the other hand, I was fifteen, and just found out I was pregnant. I was scared to death I'd get morning sickness, and my mom would find out. She didn't though, and we had a great time.
Now for the second. Do you like to buy “chartpacks” that include charms, buttons, and/or beads or do you prefer to gather all materials yourself? I don't really care either way. If it's got the beads/charms/buttons included, great. If not, it's no big deal.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:56 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: