Tuesday, February 13, 2007
As Promised
Here's what I've done stitching wise lately. I've finished Irish Coffee. My last project that used Whisper, I was told to use a (clean) toothbrush to fluff it up. It didn't do much, though. I recently heard someone say try Velcro, so I decided to try it. The first Velcro I could find was on a pair of Tobi's old shoes, that just happened to be by my stitching chair. Jymi came home right as I started. He took one look at me and said, "If I put a shoe anywhere near your cross stitch, you'd freak." He was right. It's all done now, and I'll take it to be framed in April.
Here's my progress on Persian Iris Garden. Impressive, huh? I only spent one day on it so far. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I hate the Silken Pearl. It's a pain! So of course when I screwed up, what did I have to rip out and restitch? The Silken Pearl.
I'm not getting the kit for St. Petersburg any time soon. It's now official. I did go ahead and pay for the class. I guess I'll get what I need when I get there and can afford it. Jymi had gotten his big thing with the tax money already, and felt bad that I wasn't getting mine. Especially since I always put off getting what I want to pay the bills. He offered to sell his Xbox 360 for me. I appreciated the thought, but it wouldn't have paid for the kit, and we would've had to put it toward the bills, anyway. So in a couple weeks, when I sell Jymi's old car, I get the money to put towards it. Jymi's also gonna try to do lead next month, and give me a little of the extra from that. We'll see, though.
I did work on The Castle yesterday. It was only a hour and half, but I made enough progress to feel good about. I showed it to Jymi, who complained he couldn't see anything in it. The boys like to asked what it is, and I show them the book. Every single time, "WOW! A dragon!" Anyway, now I'm off to stitch the columns on part four!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 1:11 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 5:34 PM, Blogger cathymk

Irish coffee is cute!! I heard that a clean toothbrush is the go with whisper too - now I know better!!

 

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Sharon

Irish coffee is pretty! I am into the coffee patterns now and there are a couple out of the market I like, LK's coffee crazy and Poppy Kreations Perk up.

You know I never could ever get whisper to fluff up for me-will have to try the velcro.

 

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Juls

All too cute! I heard that a "bead napper" works for wisper thread but I haven't tried it yet.

 

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Meari

Love the fabbies you used for IC and Castle. They look great.