Monday, March 26, 2007
Ups And Downs
It's been a heck of a week. I've had more of the ups, but the downs were pretty freaking low. Tuesday, we got a letter about a meeting to discuss the "imminent deployment." At drill this past weekend, they were told they'd probably be leaving around the middle of May. This first they've mentioned it in awhile. I was really getting my hopes up that he wouldn't have to go. I'm taking it better than I thought I would, but I don't think it's really hit me yet. I'm not really talking about it much. The class/lecture/informational session is going to be so much fun, what with me not wanting to talk about it.
Darin's been sick. He's had a cough, and one day a fever. He's better now, but Tobi's got it. I think they've just got what I had last week. It caused Jymi to worry I was pregnant again. I was tired and nauseous, and I had to put nacho cheese on everything. So now Darin doesn't have any more symptoms, but he's still very whiny. It's understandable, though.
There's good news, too, though. I finished my exchange piece and started my new model. I haven't worked on it much, though.
Someone knocked on our door, and offered Jymi $60 for the wrecked Nissan. Then Jymi sold his Xbox 360 to a friend from work. I had already paid all the bills, so we decided to get tattoos. Jymi has been wanting another one, and I've wanted one since I was ten. So I spent most of Thursday looking online for ideas. Friday we went, but we didn't find anything we liked there. We had found a few things online, but you have to pay to download them, and we figured what we wanted was so common, they'd have something similar there. So we decided to pay for the ones we'd already found and come back next week. I don't want to settle on something that's going to be on my body forever. So I spent most of Saturday online, looking at designs, and reading about the process. I guess knowledge really is power, because I'm not afraid anymore. Still anxious and nervous, but the big nasty ball of fear that was in my stomach is gone. So I'm glad we didn't get them Friday. I've found three I love. I've picked one to get Friday, and another one to get Friday, depending on how much the first one costs. The other one I'll get some other time. So all that was three days of stitching lost (two days on research and one at the tattoo parlor.) Kathy's already agreed to babysit next Friday, so we're all set. I''m really excited, and it's helping to take my mind off of everything else.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:51 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sharon

Tatoo's sound like a great idea, I have been wanting one and am comtemplating one for my birthday. What designs did you choose?

Hope you guys get to feeling 100% real soon.