Monday, April 02, 2007
New Tattos
This is my very first tattoo! It's about three inches wide and six inches tall, on my right shoulder/back.
We went Friday afternoon, and got there about two. There was nobody else there, and since I wanted Jymi there with me, I got to go first. My artist was very nice, and started in a section that wouldn't hurt as much, so I could get used to it. About an hour after he started, he got a call from the owner that the health inspector was coming. So I got to take a break, while he found all the necessary paperwork, made sure the bathroom had been swept, etc. When he started again, he apologized for the delay, and said he hated having to stop in the middle like that. After another, more painful, hour the outlining was done! Jymi had a different artist doing his (different artists, different strengths), so once my outline was done, he went ahead and got started with his. It took another half hour to fill it in. The artist said that my skin was too soft; he had to keep going back over it to get it dark enough.
I can't get a good picture of my second one. It's about two inches by two inches.
After my first one, my artist needed a cigarette break, and I needed a drink. So I went and sat with Jymi for a couple minutes. I was there when the health inspector told Jymi's artist that everything was great, and gave them their paperwork. That's always reassuring.
Then it was time for my second one. The little one only took about twenty minutes, total. I added the boys' names. I got it on my left breast, because they'll always be close to my heart. Cheesy, I know, but true nonetheless.
It was then that my artist told me I picked a big design for my first tattoo, and in a few places it came close to my spine, which is why it hurt so much at the end. The little one barely hurt at all.
I'm having issues now, though. The lotion Jymi got to put on them started to peel off what skin had started to grow back. So I had to go back to the ointment you use the first few days, which can drain the color if you use it too much. Now there are a couple spots on my big one you can see it's pulled some out. You should get them touched up every few years anyway though, so I may just have to do it a little sooner.
Jymi got his in the middle of his chest. I sat with him after I was finished, and there were a couple times he was about to cry. That was painful. Much worse the my big one, I'm sure, but I've still got him beat. I gave birth. Twice.
It's gorgeous though. The picture does not begin to do it justice. His first two tattoos (an Egyptian eye, and the Japanese Kanji for father) look very sad in comparison. When he was finished, the artist took a picture of it for his portfolio.
Saturday, we had the deployment meeting. It was boring, and only created more anxiety for me. The boys had fun at the child care, though. Tobi drew over twenty pictures for me. At first, I thought he was taking home other kids' pictures, but they all had his name, and little men with light sabers, so I know they're really his.
I will post my goals and answer recent SBQs later. Jymi's got the week off so I can only have five minutes at a time on the computer!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 2:17 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 2:29 PM, Blogger Juls

The tattoos look great!! I have two....for years now and I just use a mild body lotion (now) and the color is good. They will settle down...my colors haven't faded yet and it's been about 15 or more years....HTH

 

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Sharon

Pretty cool tatoos! I have been thinking of getting one for my upcoming birthday-we'll see.

 

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Dani - tkdchick

Congrats on getting your first tattoos! I got my first a few years ago! I want a second but I can't find just the right art!