Friday, July 13, 2007
Starts, Shopping, Soup, And Stash
I've started Oriental Courage, but with just black thread, I got bored kinda fast. So I also started Kitty Love by Dinky Dyes Designs. I'm really enjoying this one, but I need one more color. I need another skein of another color for a different project, so I'll order those soon. I hate to just order two skeins of thread, and there aren't any shops nearby that carry Dinky Dyes.
Speaking of Dinky Dyes, look what I got as part of my model payment! All the new Dinky Dyes silks! I especially love Black Opal and Parrot Fish! Bright colors! I also got all the new Cross Eyed Kat designs, and a quarter yard of Picture This Plus Legacy linen. I'm think With Cat For Comforter would look great on the Legacy, and my grandmother would love it. Not to mention the fact that I can't wait to start it!
Of course, I would've been much happier about this package if it weren't for what happened just before the mail came. A debt collection agency called asking for James, saying he owed $1800 on an insurance policy he canceled! After freaking out and crying on the phone, the person I talked to said she'd email the records. I had no idea about any of this! When I looked at the email, the "James" on the paperwork had a different last name. I called the person I had talked to, and told her this. She asked if we lived at the address she had listed, and it wasn't us. So that was a small heart attack over a wrong number.
I get a day off from the boys today. I'm getting new shoes, which I've needed since April. Jymi wants me to send him a PSP, and getting that, packing it, and going to the post office will be so much easier without the boys! Afterwards, my mom is making homemade chicken noodle soup! I mean homemade, too. She makes the noodles herself! I know how, but Jymi and Tobi won't eat it. It's too much work for just me and Darin. The last time I made them, Darin was only two months old, and Tobi was two years old. When I turned away, Tobi tried to feed his noodles to Darin! Which would've been fine, if Darin had been ready to eat solid foods! So when my mom makes it for us, it is really special!
I have also paid all the bills, on time, for the first time on over a year! I'm alot more excited about that than is probably normal, but it is a big deal to me. Not to mention the power company found the $200 payment they lost.
I also bought more HAEDs. They're discontinuing some of their artists, and they were on sale. So I bought Life Force and Love And Magic. I couldn't just buy two charts, though. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how many I bought, but please keep in mind, I was VERY happy about paying off all the bills. Plus new stash and new starts are helping to keep me off antidepressants for a while. That being said, I also bought Matrix, River Genesis, Riddle Fisher, Hansel And Gretel, Wizard Of Oz, Earth Song, Magic Place, and Warmth Of Home. I think I have a problem.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:49 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 1:02 PM, Blogger Valerie

The kitty is adorable! Save stitching the black on the other when you can stitch mindlessly. They both look great!

 

At 6:21 PM, Blogger cathymk

I have to admit I went a little mad on Ravenscrofts now she's been discontinued! Current total 5 charts with two still sitting in my basket.

What an awful fright with the debt collection agency - you'd think they'd check they got the right person before upsetting you like that. ((hug))

 

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sharon

Enjoy that HAED shopping! Hey if it helps-that's great. Glad the power company found your payment. That insurance thing-how upsetting. Keep your chin up!

 

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hugs on your scare - at least it wasn't you! Debt collectors are lazy and often get things screwed up! We get lots of calls for Kimberly and Krystal R*** just because our phone number is listed as K R*** in the phone book!

Looks like your stitching is coming along wonderfully! What will you pick up next? And isn't it fun just to stitch on one thing after another?