Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Exhausted
Today is the first day I've had in what seems like forever where I didn't have anything planned. I have not blogged in forever, and I haven't commented on other blogs. I haven't even stitched! By the time I get home, I'm too exhausted to do anything at all.
We went to the Renaissance Festival Sunday, with Jymi's family. It's unfair to say that my in-laws don't like me, because most of them do. It's just Jymi's parents. I think that is why the always favor Tobi over Darin. Tobi is more like Jymi, and Darin is more like me. As soon as we got there, they bought Tobi a hat, a sword, a shield, a tunic, and a belt. Then the bought Darin dice. If someone can understand how that's fair, please enlighten me, cause I couldn't figure it out. After Darin kept wanting to see Tobi's sword, they got him his own set of stuff. They looked very cute, and I have pictures, but Blogger won't let me put them up right now. They rode a camel with Jymi's sister and her friend, and Tobi is still talking about it.
Monday school was out, and I had a parent/teacher conference. She said Tobi's doing well. The teacher's assistant has a soft spot for Tobi. After that, I took the car in for an estimate. It finally stopped overheating, and then the power steering went out. That was going to be a $700 problem.
Tuesday, I took the car in, and went to my sister's. We made cookies for the kids to take to school. It took most of the day, both to get the car fixed and to make three batches of cookies for four kids to takes to class.
Tobi's class was ecstatic! When we came in with a box of cookies, all the little kids started thanking Tobi. He was suddenly the most popular student. One little boy who didn't like Tobi is now his friend.
Since Darin doesn't go to school, he took some cookies to his "class" at the YMCA child care center. They loved them. They said they get lots of cookies at Christmas, but they never get Halloween cookies.
I'm still going to the YMCA Monday through Friday mornings. The first week, I gained a pound, but last week I lost two. I haven't weighed myself this week, but hopefully I've lost another pound or two. Either way, I'm enjoying an hour or so a day without Darin. That may sound mean, but that child drives me insane some days.
Anyway. I've got a free hour, so I'm gonna try to stitch some on Tobi's stocking. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Labels:

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:37 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sharon

Faye, I would be exhausted too. It's hard being by yourself with the kids. The cookies sound yummy-makes me want something sweet. Take care and I hope you get some stitching in soon!

 

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Meari

Welcome back to the blogging world. Sounds like an interesting weekend at the RF. Sorry to hear about your car troubles. $700 Yikes!