Sunday, May 21, 2006
Bordering On Insanity
I babysat my niece and nephew today, A. and C. respectively. C. is about a year and half older than T., and they have NEVER liked each other. The first time they met, C. was very much a mama's boy, and he still is, but he was very bothered by his mommy holding and fussing over this other baby. He didn't see T. for about three, maybe four months. By then T. was at that I-have-to-put-everything-I-can-find-in-my-mouth phase. C. gave T. and small soft ball to play with, which, of course T. put in his mouth. C. made faces at him and T. laughed and they were having tons of fun. T. eventually threw the ball back to C., who picked it up and said, "EWWWWWW!" That was the end of the friendliness. After that, C. had to hide all his toys if T. was coming over. He would hide in his room so he didn't have to play with him. Once T. BIT C. and took a small chunk out of his arm! For the three years that we have lived in the same state as their family, and for about eight months before that, C. and T. have been mortal enemies.
Yesterday, when I picked T. and D. up from my sister's, T. gave C. and hug and said, "C****** is my bess fwiend!" Today when C. and A. came over, T. asked C. to play video games with him. He doesn't like to play games with anybody! C. couldn't leave without telling T. goodbye. We (my sister and I) always knew eventually they would get along, but we figured it would be more like when they were teenagers and were banding together against us. To me, it's the cutest thing, but then I'm biased; it's my baby and my nephew, who I love like my own. Here's the six of us when D. was about a month or so old. From left to right, top to bottom: me, my sister, T., C., D., and A. on the floor.

Which is the front, and which is the back? I took the picture on the left, only to realize it was the back. At the moment it's a little hard to tell. This is my progress on Dragonwings. I only got one length of thread in yesterday, but today I finished the border. I plan to stitch more today. I have to; I'm only one episode into the first disc of the fourth season of 3rd Rock From The Sun. Now I've got to make my working copy, since it gets a little more complicated than x stitches across, x down, ect. I am very happy with myself.

I am not so happy with my diet. I learned tonight that under NO circumstances whatsoever can I eat one taco. I ate WAY too many, and am too embarrassed to even say exactly how many. It was good, and I was craving it like you would not believe. I do not regret it (much)!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:53 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: