Thursday, May 11, 2006
Happy Birthday To Me!
Your Birthdate: May 10

Independent and dominant, you tend to be the alpha dog in most situations.
You're very confident, and hardly anything ever shakes you.
Mundane tasks tend to drain you - you prefer to be making great plans.
You are quite original. When people don't "get" you, it bothers you a lot.

Your strength: Your ability to gain respect

Your weakness: Caring too much what others think

Your power color: Orange-red

Your power symbol: Letter X

Your power month: October
What Does Your Birth Date Mean?

That's pretty true to me. Yesterday was my birthday! I am now 21, and old enough to buy alcohol! I started off my day to find notes from J. everywhere! There was one on the computer that said, "Happy birthday! Love you!" Then, there was one on the TV and one in the chair, "I love you! Happy Birthday!" On the refrigerator, I found a note saying, "Wow, you're old! Love you! Happy Birthday!" Never mind that J.'s five years older than me! Then, after an hour or so on the computer, I sat down to stitch. When I picked up my model to work on it, I found another note, "Love you! Happy Birthday!" That one touched me the most. I can't explain why. I guess it was just that by the time I found it, I thought I'd found them all, so it was a surprise.
After a little while, I packed the boys bags to spend the night at my mom's. My sister was watching them for me to get my nails done, and as a birthday treat, I also got a pedicure. My sister offered to take the boys straight from her house to our mom's, so I could have the afternoon off. So after my nails, I tanned for a few minutes (I'm just starting and very fair skinned).
Then I came home and had a nice long bath. It was so nice to not have to worry about someone knocking on the door saying, "Mama? Mama, I don't like Daddy anymore. When are you coming out?" I had a nice quiet hour to read.
When J. came home, we got ready to go to dinner. I was right about J.'s parents coming to dinner with us. J.'s grandparents also came along, but I get along better with them. So I wasn't as left out as usual. I did get very tired very quickly of J.'s dad saying soemthing to someone and then looking at me and laughing. It tends to make me a little paranoid. I later found out he was thinking about having them sing Happy Birthday to me.
Then J. took me to Target to buy my birthday present, a new cross stitch cart. My fabric and thread drawers on my old one are so full I can barely open them.
J.'s family gave me cash in a card, as did my grandma, who gave me specific instructions that I was to spend it only on myself. I can't buy J. or the boys anything, and I can't use it for bills or groceries. So all my birthday money is going toward my Persian Iris Garden threads. At the moment, I have 51% of the money I need for the threads. My mom and my sister are also planning to give me money for my birthday, plus, J. took all my ones out of my purse, and I'm taking back what he still has when he gets home.
As for stitching, I'm almost done with my model. I've got one section left. I'm now two days behind where I want to be. I should still finish it next week.
I've decided to start doing the Stitching Bloggers' Question. This week's question is: "When you stitch from a kit and use the supplied floss do you have leftovers? If so, how much and what do you do with them? If not, do you usually have just enough or do you have to dig in your stash to finish?"
I don't stitch from kits very often. They almost always come aida, and I can't stand to stitch on aida. The last kit I did was a Mill Hill beaded pin. The last one before that was seven years ago, and it was just a small ornament. I have always had plenty of thread in kits, because I'm a floss miser. What I had leftover, I cut up and put into my ort ball. I'll post a picture of it when I'm through. I bought some clear acrylic Christmas balls, and I put orts and thread ravelings in in. I didn't feel like finiding all the DMC bags for the leftover threads, and there wasn't that much anyway.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:34 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: