Saturday, May 20, 2006
Guilt Free May?
This is Dragonwings when I started working on it last night, and tonight, before I've worked on it. That's my progress on a work day, when I don't have as much time to stitch.
Now it's about nine at night here, and I still haven't had the chance to get any stitching done. I slept late, and then had to get ready for work. When I got off, I had to get groceries, and the boys, and get them dinner and into bed. D. is in bed, watching cartoons. Hopefully, he'll be asleep soon. T. is playing games, and will go to bed soon, too. Then maybe I can get some work on Dragonwings in.
I had a very bittersweet day at work today. All my favorite customers came in. I went shopping vicariously through one lady, who is also a big Raise The Roof fan. We had alot of fun!
However, in the afternoon, when it was quiet for awhile, I got to thinking. It seemed to me that I wasn't enjoying my job like I used to. Then it dawned on me: I enjoyed it last weekend. I enjoyed this morning, helping the lady find all the Raise The Roof charts. It was just working with the owner I didn't like. She decided to sell the shop, and everything is set, with the exception of all the paperwork. She doesn't want to be there anymore. Anyone else is a blast to work with. I know she's ready to go, and as mean as it sounds, I think just about everyone else is ready for her to go, too. She's a nice person, but she doesn't care about the shop like she used to. She also pointed out that the new owner may not want to keep on all the employees. I would have been much happier not having to worry about that just yet. I would have rather been surprised if I lost my job. The good news is most of the customers today told me (and the current owner) how much they hoped I got to keep my job. One lady even made a big fuss over how much she appreciated that I could always find the charts she was looking for. Of course, I couldn't find anything she was looking for today, but she was very good natured about it. She knew when I told her we were out of the charts, that we were out. There are some customers who don't think I know what I'm talking about because I'm younger than they are.
I read on the message boards that some people have "guilt free January." I seem to be having a guilt free May. I've started Dragonwings, and I still plan to start Persian Iris Garden, The Time I Spend Stitching, and Snowfight: Blue. I also plan to start Liberty Fence as soon as my fabric comes in. I also want to start In Every Nest, Hobb Nob Greta The Witch/Frankie Stein/Vince VamPyre, and I'm considering Raise The Roof My Cone Runneth Over. Maybe I am subconsciously avoiding the projects I already have started because two of them I worked on last summer, and they remind me of that long time while J. was gone. Or maybe it's because all these seem like relatively quick finishes.
Okay, I'm babbling again. Time to go work on J.'s dragon.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: