Saturday, May 13, 2006
I Think I've Lost My Mind
In February, right after the Nashville show, I was on Enchanting Lair's website. I was not there to look at the new releases; I was looking for something older. I had the homepage up, and went into the kitchen to check on dinner. While I was there J. came home. His first words were, "I want that one! Do that one for me!" He was referring to Dragonwings, one of Enchanting Lair's February releases. I had already seen it and talked myself out of it. Let's face it, do I really need another dragon pattern? Since J. liked it so much, and had a hissy fit until I told him I would, I ordered it. I talked to him about fabrics, and told him what color it was done on. "Meditation" does mean blue to J. He said it looked like it was on white as far as he could tell and that was fine with him.
The next day, when I went to work, I had to fondle the new fabric colors. There was a half yard of 32 ct. Crystal Baroque, that was absolutely gorgeous! I knew I had to have a piece, even if I didn't know what I would use it for. It would have to be a simple design, so it didn't compete, but was complimented by, the pattern in the fabric. Something fairly monochromatic. Dragonwings! I picked the precise corner I wanted, and bought it. In some places, is was very splotchy, or the green mixed with the red and almost became black, which would not be good. One piece was perfect, and I got it before the store opened!
Now why have I babbled on and on about this? J. has left for his two week duty. I have almost decided (90% sure) that I will start this while he's gone. I have to finish my model first of course. I know I won't have it finished by the time he gets back, but hopefully I'll have some good progress. Once he does come back, I'll only stitch on it while he's at work, and work on my other projects in the evenings. I may hang it in the shop for a year for the framing deal, and then give it to him next year for his birthday.
So that makes four projects started, four I plan to start this month, and one I plan to start as soon as the fabric comes in, whenever that may be. How many are even close to being done? One. There is something wrong with me. I need PSA, Project Starters' Anonymous.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 5:17 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 12:42 PM, Blogger Belinda

Sounds like you're in good company with most stitchers!