Sunday, April 23, 2006
A Day Off!
This is my nephew C., Christmas 2004. I told him to smile so I could take his picture. As it is, this is one of my favorite pictures I have of him.
I have almost finished the first section of my model. I got a good bit done last night. I worked on it while watching Rent, though, and had to put it down because I couldn't see through my tears well enough to stitch. I enjoyed the movie though. I plan to finish the section today. When I finish it, I'll sew together my ornaments, since I got some mat board at work.
I picked my birthday project. Yesterday, I bought The Time I Spend Stitching, and fabric and threads. I plan to hang it in the shop, so I couldn't use the Dinky Dyes. I picked out Mulberry linen, a new (at least to us) purple/magenta color. I pulled Weeks Dye Works Chartruese, Fiesta, and Santorini to replace the Dinky Dyes, and Jealousy to do a row of hearts instead of the teddy bears. The original color didn't show up good on the fabric, and when our customers see the teddy bears, they think it's a baby sampler and don't bother to read it. If people would stop to read it, we'd sell alot of them. With the colors I picked, it will be hard to miss. I will post a picture of a floss toss next time. I also decided that I will treat myself to Persian Iris Garden. I don't get the same discount on the bead packs, since the shop doesn't. So I have to talk to the manager about ordering it. It is just too beautiful, and I cannot resist it. It's not like I spend this much all the time. I don't feel guilty about it, but I'm not going to mention it to J.
J.'s now off the night shift. He only had to work Friday and until midnight Saturday. He's got today to get back on schedule so he can go to work Monday morning. It's the first time we've had a day off together in almost two months.
I was bad yesterday. With J. gone all night, I spent the evening "cheering myself up" with peanut butter cookies.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:06 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: