Sunday, April 30, 2006
Ramblings Of A Fabric Hoarder
This is T., D., and my best friend's son, A. in our kiddie pool last summer. We let them play in the pool together for awhile, before we went shopping. They get along fine, but they also bounce off of each other, so we have to have lots of energy to take all three of them together anywhere. They outnumber us.
I'm almost to the halfway mark on my model. I plan to get there either tonight or tomorrow. The first part of Persian Iris Garden was up today, and I was finally approved for the class. Martina had been on vacation, and had lots of emails backed up, I'm sure. I figured it would still be a week maybe before I was let in since she only worked on this stuff Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I guess she's doing a little extra to cath up. It doesn't make much difference; I haven't got anything to do it on or with yet. They didn't have the majority of the suplies at work, so I've divided up what I need to get into three forty to fifty dollar batches to order. I have ordered the fabric. I may ask for some of the threads as payment for the model. I'm still working it out in my head.
I also ordered an eighth yard of 28 count Crystal Monster Mash Cashel Linen from Picure This Plus, for Raise The Roof's new Liberty Fence. My Snow Fence will be done on Crystal Glacier, and my Nautical Fence is on Crystal Zephyr. I don't want them all to be on blues, so I think this will look good. My hope is it will be like green grass with purple fireworks in the background. If I don't like it when I get it, I'll order a piece of Crystal Carnival, again for the fireworks effect, but without the green background. I'm also think Crystal DaVinci and Crystal Baroque would give a good fireworks effect, too. If nothing else, Crystal Spring would make a good solid background. Crystal Jazz wouldn't be bad either, but it's mostly blue, which I'm kind of trying to avoid. I bought some Crystal Sorbet for Sweetheart Fence, but later decided to use Crystal Whimsey instead. I just got it Saturday. I get Shakespeare's Peddler's automatic fabric of the month, and that was last month's color. I can't wait to see what May's color is. Probably Monster Mash.
I'm doing better on my diet. I'm eating less, and drinking more water, but I'm still not exercising like I should. I may go walking tomorrow. I didn't weigh in today, but I will tomorrow.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:35 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: