Tuesday, May 23, 2006
I Should Just Set Up A Pond In My Living Room
Those oh so wonderful frogs visited me again yesterday. I started the bottom curve of the dragon Sunday night. When I picked it up yesterday morning, I realized I had started at what I had intended to be the top. I considered leaving it; all the stitches would still go the same way. In the end, though, I knew I couldn't live with it. I love the darker spots on the bottom, forming a sort of base. It just looked top heavy to me with the darker on top. So the frog and I spent some more qualtity time together. This is what I put in yesterday. It's going pretty quick. I would've gtten more done, but I ran out of black thread. Don't worry, I've already bought more.






I took T. and D. to my nephew kindergarden graduation today. All the little kindergardeners were so cute! They sang some songs, and got their little certifcates. I was suprised at how good T. and D. were for the whole thing. When we got there, the only seats left were in the back. So T. got to stand on the bench and D. got to sit on my shoulders, which they both thought was cool. Then we all went back to the kids' classroom, where we sat on the floor while the kids sang a couple more songs, showing us what they learned. They could name every president and all the states in alphabetical order! I'm twenty-one and can't do that! T. laid his head in my lap and I held D. down while we watched. T. wanted desperately to get up and dance, too. Our grandma came, too, and had to sit in the teacher's chair. It was the only place they had where she could sit, and after the walk down the hall, she could barely stand. I offered to take her home, but she said no, because she couldn't walk back down the hall again yet.
Anyway. I'm gonna have a piece of cake, and then get back to Dragonwings. I think I'm going to name him Elliott. It's T.'s middle name, I love it, and J. won't know what I'm talking about.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:53 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: