Tuesday, June 06, 2006
She-Devils, Monsters, Cigarettes, Antibiotics, And Other Evil Things!
It is 6-6-06. They re-released The Omen today. To add another six to the mix, six years ago today, J. and I had our first date. J. and I watched She-Devil this morning. It seemed appropriate. He didn't really want to watch it, but once I put it on, he didn't go anywhere. I told him to take it as a warning. I love that movie.
I got my Monster Mash today! I'm still not sure the Weeks Dye Works Emerald will be okay on it, but it will be the first section I stitch, so I'll know right away. I'm getting Highland for my color of the month from Shakespeare's Peddler, and I'll use that if I don't like the Monster Mash.
J. brought home a pack of cigarettes from drill. I could kill him. We both quit, and I don't want us starting again. I am not so much addicted to the nicotine, as much as the psychological associations. I associate it with when J. and I first started dating, hanging out with my friends when I was younger, and sitting in the cool evening outside, relaxing. J., on the other hand, gets mean when he has nic-fits. It was going to be a "just at drill" thing, but now it's a "just for awhile" thing. It has really got me worried. I'll let him finish what he's got, but then that's it. Anymore he brings home are going straight in the trash.
The evil of antibiotics is the taste and that they affect my birth control device. Tonight I take my last dose, and I could not be happier! I hate taking pills! Especially big nasty ones.
I've been working on Dragonwings while J.'s at work, but since he's working nights, I don't have as much time as I would like to work on it. While I was pregnant with D. I bought him a T-shirt with a dragon and a Chinese symbol on it. He got very upset when I wore it; he's trying to save the picture, because he wants a tattoo of it. So he took a picture of it. While I was looking through them after, the Chinese symbol caught my eye. It seemed so familiar! It's the same symbol that is on Dragonwings. I'll start working on Dragonwings again as soon as I get off the computer.
I'm almost done with The Time I Spend Stitching. I have two more rows left, which I'll get done tomorrow, while J.'s sleeping.














After J. left for work, the boys and I had some fun, taking goofy pictures of each other. They were so cute! I also took an updated one of Aurora, since all the ones I had were from when we first got her. She's much bigger now. When we first got her, all we knew was that she was part husky. Since she's gotten bigger, we can now tell that her father was a German shepherd. We also learned that the mix of those two breeds makes a puppy that looks alot like a wolf. Exactly what J. wanted.




A close up of D. He climbed on me while I was tying to take his picture!

T. wanted to take my picture. So, of course, I made a goofy face.

D. and T., happy, healthy, and silly!
I got some good news today. My payment for my last model should go out in the mail today! I can't wait!
That reminds me of one more evil thing! There was an armed robbery at out post office! We got a handout from the mailman yesterday; they're offering a fifty thousand dollar reward for any information. At the end of the shift last Wednesday, two guys held up a driver. Then they got in a car with two more guys and left. Part of what's so scary is that it is right up the street from our house. It's actually right down the street, just past the police station! I always feel safer because we live near the police station, but the post office is even closer! You can see the post office FROM the police station! I hope they find them! It's a small town, so there's a pretty good chance, if they gave everyone those flyers, and not just those of us who live nearby.
I will try to put pictures again tomorrow. Have a (not-so-) evil day!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 4:34 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 10:00 PM, Blogger Sharon

She Devil is a very funny movie, I watch it every time it comes on. I am glad you and your family are better.

 

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi, I'm interested in your monster mash crystal fabric - is it linen? And is the pic close to what it looks like in real life or is it lighter/darker? I want it like the scan on PTP website, this looks close but slighter darker, any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

You can email me at standtallchiro @ bigpond . com (remove the spaces) if you like thanks!