Saturday, June 10, 2006
SBQs, Anniversaries, And Stash! Oh My!
Here's the rest of this week's SBQ. This is the chair where I sit and stitch. We don't have a couch anymore. So there are alot of times I have to share with some little boy(s).
This is my little cross stitch cart/tool table. The top drawer has Avatar, Liberty Fence, and Dragonwings in it. It is also the home of threads that need to be put away. The second drawer has all my other WIPs, and ornament cuts of fabric. The third drawer is magazines and charts I'll never stitch. The fourth is my "other stuff" drawer. It has charts I plan to do, but don't fit into the bottom drawer categories. That bottom drawer is "favorite fantasy designers" drawer. It has my Teresa Wentzlers, Black Swans, Dragon Dreams(es?), and Cross Eyed Kats. At the moment, it is also home to my ornament making supplies and a small frame until I finish the piece for it.
My stitching bucket sits on top of it, along with all the stuff I pull out of the bucket, but don't put back. My uncle gave it to me for my birthday last year. I keep my scissors and needles in the pocket on the lid. It the top compartments, I keep my markers, highlighters, chapstick, Thread Heaven, safety pins, and a baby thermometer. It's the only place nobody swipe it from, so I always no where it is. Plus, I usually notice they're warm when they climb into my lap, and his way I don't have to move them to take their temperature.
Underneath the tray, I keep Just Another Button Company button packs, threads for Christmas ornaments, a pair of knitting needles, and a thread cutter pendant.
This is my big cart. The top drawer has my DMC. The middle drawer is just for specialty fibers and Q-Snaps. Last, but not least, my fabric drawer. It's probably my favorite! I've got the special cuts is zipper bags labeled with what project they're for on the bottom. I have my regular cuts on top of those, divided by size. That's my stitching area. It's not much, but it suits me.
Yesterday was J.'s and my anniversary. Six years ago, we started dating. We had only met a week before that, but as soon as I met him, that was it. When we met we both we would spend the rest of our lives together. Six years later, and it seems like we just met yesterday and that we've known each other all our lives at the same time. We are still as goofy and lovey as when we first started dating. He knows everything about me. There's no one else as irritating in the world, and no one else I trust more. As much as I bitch and make fun of my husband, I love him dearly. Mainly because he's seen me naked and he still wants me!
We went to see DaVinci Code for our anniversary. We both enjoyed the book. I've heard bad reviews because they left stuff out, but it's been so long since I read it, I'm sure I didn't notice half of it. I only noticed two things that were really different. I also read Angels And Demons right after finishing DaVinci Code, and I tend to get the details of the two mixed up. I really enjoyed it. I'm so over the whole controversy stuff. I don't care if it's real or historically accurate; I just want to be entertained for awhile. During a fairly dramatic scene (when Sophie asks Silas if he killed her grandfather), the fire alarm in the theater went off. The lights started flashing, and then a voice came over the speaker system and said, "Someone has reported an emergency. Please exit down the stairs and through the nearest fire exit." They let us in about ten minutes later, and had the movie going again right after that. I guess someone just pulled the alarm. They gave everyone free movie passes. They were one short on our row, so we just passed two down to the couple at the end of the row, and we just got one. My sister and her husband both manage theaters for the same company, so we can get passes just about any time we want. I've got a couple to take T. to see Cars tomorrow.
After we got home, I decided to show J. his birthday present. At least I showed him what there was. His eyes bugged out his head for minute, and he got a big goofy smile on his face. That is how my quiet husband says, "WOW!" He really liked it. I hadn't started the wing, yet, when I showed him. I got that done today. I stitched a little at work. We were very busy in the morning and right before we closed, but those five hours between were very boring and very quiet. That's normal for show weekends, though. Everyone's waiting for the new stuff from Indianapolis.
When I got home, I had a very nice package! My payment for my model came in yesterday's mail! I got the Dinky Dyes for Persian Iris Garden, plus a couple others. I also got some Gentle Arts threads and a Silkweaver Solo. I got lots of charts! I got Cross Eyed Kat's Prinicpea (I love blackwork and the saying is too cute! Kind of ironic to get it right after seeing DaVinci Code!) and, of course, Post Modern Dogs. She also sent me the new freebie of the little red dragon and the mouse. I also got Teresa Wentzler's Celestial Dragon, Dragon Dreams' A Wizard's Quilt, M Designs' Harvest Moon (which I've always liked, but was never sure I'd stitch, so it was towards the bottom of my wishlist. Now if I never stitch it, I don't feel like I've wasted my money.), and Monsterbubbles' Strawberry Fields, which I had never noticed before. I probably looked at it, and wrote it off as another sampler. The writing is a little hard to read, but now that I've read it, I love it! She also sent my lots of Raise The Roof charts! I got Sam's Socks, Shorts -N- Such, Vlad's Vash Day, Witchy Washy, and the first two monthly charts (which goes through the first four months).
A customer brought in some old magazines for the shop, and I got to go through and pick out any I wanted. I got five. Three had Teresa Wentzler designs in them, one had some cute dinosaurs I'm considering for the boys room, and one had a wolf chart I thought J. might like. Just in case that wasn't enough new stash (like I need any more!), I got my fabric of the month from Shakespeare's Peddler. I'm not sure what I'm going use it for yet.
As for the rest of my life, UGGG! T. and D. are both tired, but throwing temper tantrums because they don't want to go to bed. I think T. has fallen asleep, but D. keeps banging his head on the door to keep himself awake. I gave him some medicine in case he was in any pain, hopefully with drowsiness as a side effect. That was two hours ago. He's still at the door crying. He won't eat, he doesn't need to be changed, and he's been given Tylenol, in case anything's bothering him. He is simply overtired.
Awhile back, I mentioned J. buying movies and leaving us ten dollars for the week. We ended up in the hole, and even though J. has been paid, we are still there. We still haven't paid rent, and I don't know where we're going to find the money to drive to Virginia Beach in a couple weeks! Every time I think about it I get so depressed. I feel like I'm in a big black pit, with monsters in the shadows. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get out, and every minute, the monsters get closer and closer. Then they bang their heads on the door to stay awake. It's time to watch some goofy tv and eat Top Ramen and cheer myself up. The upside to being sooooo broke, is J. has now stopped smoking. He knows we can't afford it. He's now down to his last two cigarettes.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:26 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: