Sunday, June 04, 2006
Thank Goodness!
Everyone is healthy again. We had one more bout of illness after T. got better. No, not J., Aurora. Our five-month-old puppy got sick a few times. Even she's better now though. Thank heavens, it's over, and J., the biggest baby of all, didn't get it!
Aurora has become D.'s dog. Every time he walks by, he has to stop and pat her on the head. She is the first person he says hi to in the morning, and last person he tell good night. She's the only of all our pets he calls by name instead of "doggy" or "kitty". D. is going through a phase now where he plays dead. Whenever he doesn't get his way, he throws himself down and "dies." Now we all ignore this, and he'll get u in a few minutes. Aurora, however, does not understand. Every time she sees D. "die," she sniffs him, then runs to me. Then she runs to D., and back to me. It's kind of funny now, but it's good to know if anything ever does happen, she'll let us know.
I've decided not to worry about my diet too much right now. I will be eating better, and I have almost completely cut soda out of my life. That in itself is a major accomplishment for me. This past week, I've been drinking soda, but that was to help my sore throat and to take my pills. The antibiotic ALWAYS leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, so I take it with a Sprite, to help get the taste out. The summers here are so hot, it's all I can do to drive anywhere, let alone drive to the park, walk for half an hour, and drive home. (The air conditioner in my car is broken.) When it gets cooler in a couple months, I will start exercising again. I can't afford a gym membership. In the meantime, I will still eat better, but I found I have alot more time in my day if I don't have to run to write down everything I eat. It's just more than I want to deal with at the moment. I keep trying to simplify my life. As soon as I get it simplified, I complicate it again, but then I simplify again every January and June.
Now for my stitching updates. I haven't done very much this past week. When J.'s home, I want to work on Dragonwings, and when he's gone, I want to work on The Time I Spend Stitching. I think Dragonwings is looking good, considering I've only worked on it two days. I told someone a work about how I was doing it for J. and that he requested it. She said, "Yeah, when they ask for something, you almost have to do it. How often does it happen?" Which is very true. J. doesn't care about most of my stitching. So I've decided on my next big project. When I finish the three I have started, I will stitch Merlin And Aurthur, by Heaven And Earth Designs for J. This will not be a secret project. It's gonna take at least a year anyway. I will work on Persian Iris Garden at the same time. The class may be over by the time I start this anyway. My latest plan is to finish The Time I Spend Stitching, Dragonwings, Liberty Fence, Avatar, Toys And Games Room Stocking, and Dragons By The Fire Stocking. In that order, without adding anymore projects, except my Lizzie Kate ornaments, which take me a day each. Of course I made a similar plan when I was simplifying in January. It did get me to finish Skeleton Crew, so I guess it works, in a way.
I've got a couple more rows done on The Time I Spend Stitching. I think I may have to rip out the row of fan stitches and redo them. They look fine on the front, but I'm just not happy with the way the thread is anchored. I'm going to go ahead and finish it, and if it still bugs me then, I will frog it. It's not like it'll take me long to put it back in. In fact, it'll probably take me longer to rip out.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:08 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 12:03 PM, Blogger Karoline

Glad everyone is feeling better, good luck with your eating plan