Monday, July 17, 2006
A Busy Weekend
Before I say anything else, I want to thank everyone for their comments on my last post. It meant alot to me, and I appreciate it! Thank you!
About one, on Friday morning I finished A Brother. I used all the recommended threads, on 28 ct. silvery moon Cashel linen. I backstitched around the sail to help it stand out more. I took it to the shop, and they wanted to hang it. I also dropped off my Mother's Wisdom and got some boards for my ornaments. I came home, and got them all stretched and the cording made. That evening, J. and I went to see Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. By then, I had sewn two of the ornaments together. I stuck the third one in my purse, to finish while we waited for the movie to start. When J. saw me pull it out, he said, "You are sick! You need help!" Isn't he supportive? I wanted to have them all done to take back to the shop Saturday.
He was actually very sweet after the movie. There was a bad storm, and as we went to the car, lightning stuck a tree behind the parking lot, causing one of the limbs to fall. I asked J. to put his seatbelt on because I had a "bad feeling". Instead of calling me crazy, he looked concerned, and did it. The last time I told him I had a "bad feeling", we were driving behind a truck with some chairs stacked in the back. I told J. about my feeling, and asked him stay back. Sure enough, two stoplights later, every last chair fell out of the back of the truck. I would by means call them premonitions. The chairs were my usual paranoia of the worst will happen, and lightning storms just always make me nervous. While nothing happened on the way home, when we got got home everything was fine. The boys went to bed, and J. and I weren't up much later. When we got up in the morning, what did we find? Our neighbors' tree had been struck by lightning and split in three directions. One of them fell into our yard! You can't really see in the picture, but the fence is bent beneath the tree. Since it's in the front yard, it doesn't really affect us. It's their tree, and their fence. I'm glad because it means we don't have to worry about trying to argue about who pays for what. J. cut up what was in our yard. They'll do what they want with what's in their yard, and as far as we're concerned, the fence can stay bent. We don't use it for anything.

I took all my ornaments to the shop Staurday. This was after we had driven to J.'s parents, so he could borrow the chainsaw for the tree, and after we had driven half an hour in the opposite direction to my mom's to give her what we could towards our debt. T. and D. have never wanted to stay there, but they sure did not want to get back into that car. Our car is dark blue, with leather seats, and no air conditioning. It was very miserable. When we went to J.'s parents, his cousin was there visiting. He is about the same age as J.'s little sister. He was so suprised that T. could play video games, particularly that he had beaten Star Wars Legos and Battlefront 2. He still thinks of T. as about two.
Sunday we went to J.'s great greandfather's birthday party. He turned 96, and is still in pretty good health. When we got there, D. gave him a huge hug. I was very proud of how sweet he was. They were both tired though, so we couldn't stay long. We also didn't know anybody there, except J.'s parents and grandparents. It was also hot and crowded, which was another reason we didn't stay long. It was nice to see J.'s "great-paw-paw", though, and he always loves seeing the boys. They're his only great-great grandkids so far. J.'s little sister is the next oldest of the generation, and she will only be twelve this year. So she won't be having kids anytime soon (hopefully, or I'll have to hide J.'s gun), and J. and I don't know if we'll ever have any more kids, but it won't be soon. No more kids until the ones we have are in school.
So all in all, I haven't gotten much stitching done. At the end of the day, I'm just too tired and too hot. I have started In Every Nest, but I haven't gotten much done. I took a picture, but I can't put it up right now. Maybe tomorrow. I've changed all the colors to Weeks Dye Works, since I don't like Six Strand Sweets. I also brightened up all the colors. I'm doing it on Spring Jazlyn, so I had to change the greens. Today, I don't even plan to get dressed; I'm going to sit on my butt and finish a chick! I've still got three and a half discs of Desperate Housewives. J. is still trying not to get sucked in, but it's not working. At one point he said one was pretty, but she was too skinny. That made me feel good, because I think she's beautiful, and would do anything to look like her. I like knowing my husband likes my shape better!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 7:26 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sharon

My, you were busy this weekend. I think I was tired after reading your post-LOL I just received that pattern In every nest and I am not particulary fond of six strand sweets myself.

I was going to use dmc, but I may convert mine to Viki Clayton silks instead. The WDW is a great idea! I wouldn't have thought to use them.