Thursday, October 19, 2006
The End
of my Project Challenge! Sewing counts, so these are my last two! I went to my sister's yesterday to borrow our mom's sewing machine (it's not as weird as it sounds, I promise), and spent the morning sewing together the trick-or-treat bags! Nothing difficult, but I had to make some adjustments. It called for 1/2 inch ribbon, and I bought 5/8 inch. It also said to fold the edge down, and then sew the top down, but to make the adjustment I decided not to fold the top down. It's just more work, and while the inside seam would've looked nicer, Tobi and Darin won't notice, and it's just for one night a year.
Tobi's getting excited about going trick-or-treating, with his new costume and bag. His costume came yesterday, with an extra set of glasses. We opened it to try it on, and Jymi had to take Tobi's picture. His glasses are a little bug, but we can put some masking tape on them to keep them from slipping down, and make them even more like Harry Potter's.
I'm still working on Tobi's stocking, and it finally feels like I'm making progress. I had to buy another couple of skeins, neither of which was the color it says I'll need two of. It's all good though. I hoping to finish all the background of the shelves this weekend. The toys on the shelves won't take long at all.
I got my piece of Carnival for my fabric of the month. I considered using it for Halloween Fairy, but it just doesn't call to me. So I think I'll stitck to the kit fabric. It's boring, but it's easy. I found the other two on ebay for ten dollars each, but now they're up to thirty, and I can't afford that. Oh well. I also got the fabric and buttons for World Juggling Day. They're very cute. The fabric's much prettier in person, too.
Here's this week's SBQ.Which way do you stitch, i.e. do you stitch /// followed by \\\ on top, or the other way around \\\ followed by ///? Are you left- or right-handed and do you think that this affects the way that you stitch? I do /\/\/\. I cross each stitch as I go, for the most part. I do bottom left to top right (/) first though, if that makes it any clearer. I think it does make a difference being right or left handed, which is more natural. My mom and I are both right handed, and we stitch the same way. My sister is left handed, and all her stitches go the opposite direction. I think anyone could do it either way, but you may be more inclined to go one particular way.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:24 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 11:39 PM, Blogger Arthemise

Nice progress on the stocking. And such a cute Harry! :-)

 

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Meari

What a cute costume!