Monday, October 16, 2006
Lucky Friday The Thirteenth
Jymi got paid both his regular check, plus two of his five days away. He made more in those two days then his regular four day week! I was able to pay all the bills, give my mom some of the money we owed her, order Tobi's costume, get groceries, and we still had enough money to buy Jymi a DVD he wanted, Garfield: A Tale Of Two Kitties for the boys, and I got my fabric of the month from Shakespeare's Peddler!
It helped get me back in the mood to stitch, too! I haven't wanted to because of all the other stress, but I feel sooo much better now!
I finished all the stitching on my ornament; all that's left is to attatch the buttons. I ordered them with my fabric, and they should be here today or tomorrow. I decided to go ahead and finish finishing my Snowfight ornaments, and when I finished those, I forgot why I was waiting to finish Arm And A Leg until I had sewn it together. Because of the way it's done, I think I can still do it. Darin like them; he keeps wearing them as bracelets. The picture shows the backs, too.
Saturday, I was going to sew the trick-ot-treat bags together, until I had a good look at my sewing machine. I knew Darin had taken all the extra bobbins and feet out of the storage compartment, but he also broke a couple important parts off. I'll borrow my mom's later this week, but that ruined anymore stitching Saturday.
I worked on Tobi's stocking Sunday. Both Jymi and I weren't feeling well, so we spent most of the day taking turns taking naps. About seven though, Jymi was sleeping, and Darin had gone to bed/time out, and Tobi wanted to watch a movie. He wanted to watch Garfield: A Tale Of Two Kitties AGAIN, but I vetoed that idea. I had recorded Hocus Pocus off of Disney channel, and convinced Tobi we should watch the witch movie. This Garfield was better than the first, but I can't watch it everyday. So we watched Hocus Pocus, and since I've seen it a hundred times (my favorite Halloween movie since it came out in 1993), I could devote the mojority of my attention to my stitching. I feel like I got a good bit done for only about two hours. Here's the picture of the shelves before last night. Tobi liked the movie, too, but I had to explain most of it to him. "Where'd the boy go?" "The cat can talk?" "Is the little girl dead?" "The zombie's a good guy?" It was hard to explain the ending. Normally when two caracters walk off into the sunset (or sunrise in this case), you can say, "They lived happily ever after," but when they're dead, it doesn't seem quite right. He enjoyed it though. Right after the movie he went to bed and Jymi woke up. We spent some nice alone time together. Jymi went back to bed around midnight, and when I went to bed at two, he still couldn't sleep. Poor thing. Anyway. I'm going to get something to eat, and then back to the stocking!
One more thing. I have figured out how to leave comments again.

Labels: ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:34 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 5:12 PM, Blogger Barb

The ornaments are cute. Tobi's stocking is really nice. I love the colors in it.

 

At 7:25 AM, Blogger cathymk

Yep, there is no better feeling than getting those bills paid!! Good on you!

I love the arm and a leg ornie - very cute!! Look forward to seeing how they look all finished up.

Tobi's stocking is wonderful! He's going to love it!

 

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sharon

Wonderful to be stress free for just a little bit-glad things are going better. Your ornaments look great!