Monday, October 09, 2006
Making Popcorn
I also made cranberries and cinnamon sticks. I finished the top this morning! It's gone slow. I can't explain it, but the rest I think will go faster.
I'm going to take a short break from this to finish my "potty project." I started And Arm And A Leg from the ornament issue last week, when I was still spending the majority of the day sitting in the tub, waiting for Tobi to go potty. That was the day the switch flipped in Tobi's head, and he doesn't need me in there anymore. When he has to go, he tells me, goes, washes his hands, and that's the end of it. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
I got twenty-two stitches in my ornament (two rows of eleven), and then I realized I had the fabric going the wrong way. If I keep stitching the way it is, I won't have enough fabric to stretch it when it's through.
Last Friday, Tobi and I took his Garfield to be framed. I also got some boards to finish my Snowfight ornaments, and to finish off An Arm And A Leg, once I get it stitched. All I need now is the money to buy the DMC Light Effects packs, and use a couple to make cording. Of course I want them all anyway, and all I need is the excuse. I've got the excuse now to get a pack or two at least.
I heard that Hoffman is sold out of the Halloween Fairy kit. I've already thanked Jymi for telling me to go ahead and get it when he did. This makes me feel like I have to get the other two now, though. There's the challenge though, and the fact that I don't have any money. If I finish my ornament, count sewing together the three off them, and the trick-or-treat bags, that will finish off the challenge for me! Then I just have my mom pay me instead of putting the money towards rent, and I can have them. Oh well. I will get them eventually.
Anyway, now I'm trying hard to fight the urge to start my fairy. I was planning to do them all on the fabric they come with, but I may switch it out after all. I've got an extra piece of Highland, which I think would look good with Christmas Elf Fairy, a very light piece of Glory for Easter Fairy, and a piece of Carnival on the way which Halloween Fairy may look good on. I'll have to wait until I have them all to decide, with the threads to do a floss toss, though.
One last note. I've sitched to beta blogger, so if I don't leave comments on your blog anymore, please don't take it personally. I'm still reading, but it won't let me leave comments.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 12:30 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 8:41 PM, Blogger Holley

I wondered where you were! How strange that I can still post on your blog.

 

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Meari

Great idea to use LE for ornaments. You can still leave comments if you use beta blogger. Where is says Choose an identity, you just have to choose ‘other’ or ‘anonymous’. :-)

 

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sharon

Tobi's stocking is looking good-I really like his name. I can't wait to see garfield framed.