Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Ewwww!
I love my children. I really do. There are days, though, when I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry.
Understandably, Darin is jealous of all the extra attention Tobi's getting form potty training. He spends most of the day glued to my hip, but it's gotten worse. He keeps dumping out the cat's water, spilling his drinks, and putting his toys in the sink. (That's Doc Oct and Chicken Little in the pot I made mac and cheese in for lunch.) A week ago, he dipped a car in his milk and dripped it all over the house. I knew he had gotten it on the top of one of my cross stitch carts, and I cleaned it up. Yesterday, as we're running out the door, I notice all these bugs in the top drawer of this specific cart. So I open it to try to figure out why. Evidently, the day Darin got milk on top of my cart, the top drawer was open and he got it inside, too. The entire bottom of the drawer was nasty!
Luckily, all my threads (this is my DMC drawer) are in ziplock bags, which are also in ziplock bags. So I threw away the big bags because they had milk on them, but the little bags were fine. I then took the drawer outside and sprayed it down with window cleaner, and put in in the tub. I washed it out, and it still smelled funky. Then it occured to me to use dishwashing soap. It gets milk out of cups, why not drawers. So I filled it up and let it soak in the tub. Tinkerbell was not at all pleased. She also follows me everywhere (she and Darin are me entourage, I guess), including the bathroom. She always jumps in the tub, first thing. She was not happy when she almost landed in the drawer full of water. It's all clean now, and smells fine. I'm going to organize and put all my threads back tonight, after I get home. I babysit my neice every Tuesday so she doens't have to go to boy scouts with her brother.

I frogged and restitched my ornament last night. I got a good bit more of it done, too. It's on sprakly fabric, but you can't see it in the picture. I'd say I could finish it today, but Jymi's coming home. He spent the weekend working at a different plant, which will be some nice extra money. He worked nights though, so he's not going to be in a good mood when he gets home. He's going to want my attention when he gets home, and I'll want his, and then with babysitting this evening I don't know how much stitching I'll get in today. I could get my lazy butt off the computer and stitch now, though, I guess.

Labels: ,

 
posted by jymisgurl at 10:43 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 2:52 PM, Blogger Trish

If you want him to stop putting his toys in strange places just disappear the toys when you find them in the sink, pots, what have you.

If Darin is jealous and doing this to get negative attention, then it may be a good idea to praise him when you catch him doing something positive and ignore him (send him to time out) when he does something negative. If he's getting attention for doing something bad then his behavior will only escalate.

Hang in there, it gets better.