Thursday, October 05, 2006
Two SBQs
Ive got two SBQs I haven't answered yet.
How many pieces have you stitched? Out of these, how many have been for you? How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques besides cross stitch?
I've stitched sixty-nine pieces total, that I could remember. Thirty-seven of them are mine, nine were shop models, ten were designer models, one someone asked for, one someone paid me to do, six are gifts I gave away, and five are gifts that still live in my house (for Jymi or the boys). I also have one I've finished, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Of those, three have had specialty stitches. My garden has alot, but it's nowhere near finished yet.
When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do you take? I usually make mistakes because I'm tired or distracted, so I usually take a break. It's something I learned playing video games. If I'm having trouble with something, I put it down, and try again the next day. Usually, then I can do it, no problems. Now if I'm bored with a project, I do best if I muddle through, because if I take a break, I'll never work on it again. Which is why I'm not starting anything new right now.
I've made a little progress on Tobi's stocking, but not enough to warrant a picture. I've gone back to staying up late, because it's the only time I can stitch. I picked up my stitching for the first time yesterday at about 11:30 at night. I spent most of the day in the bathroom with Tobi. The good news: yesterday he had less accidents than sucesses. We've been doing good today, too. Jymi and I had a fight about it last night, because I felt like he wasn't helping enough. He doesn't understand why he should sit with Tobi the whole time, and I can quite find the right words. After my sore butt yesterday (from sitting on/in the bathtub), I've decided to put Jymi's comforter in the tub to make it more comfy. (I'm still a little mad at him.) I'm going to take some stitching in with me next time. The stocking's too big, so I think I'm going to kit up an ornament. I was going to take the Dragon Dreams Halloween freebie from the newsletter, but my printer's out of ink.
Tobi's not fighting me to go potty as much as before. We now only have to sit for a few minutes, too, instead of an hour, waiting. Darin's getting jealous of all this extra attention Tobi's getting, so I don't think he'll be far behind. The day I don't have to buy diapers anymore seems almost in sight!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 11:10 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: