Monday, October 02, 2006
Lost Weekend
Jymi and I spent the weekend watching the third and fourth disc of the second season of Lost. We haven't had the money to buy it yet, so we've been getting them form Netflix. Jymi wouldn't let me have his next rental so I could have all of season two rewatched before the new one on Wednesday, so I changed it so I get two rentals. So I'm using mine, I've just got an extra one. Gotta love loopholes. I finished Snowfight: Blue Saturday while watching it. Jymi likes him. I'm going to the shop Saturday for the framing special, and I'll get some mat board to finish them then. I took Garfield in, with Tobi. I pulled a few frames down, and let him pick which one he liked best. I thought the orange one looked very cool, but Tobi picked a small, round, black frame. At least it's a reasonable price.
Saturday, after I finished Snowfight, I taught myself hardanger. At least I taught myself the stitches I need for the few patterns I have that use it. I think it looks pretty good for my first try. Then I picked up Tobi's stocking again. This is all the progress I made on Sunday. It's not much, but this thing always goes slow. I'm hoping to finish the top this week, but it may not happen. If I'm lucky, I may get it done just in time for Christmas.
We're going to try to get Tobi potty trained soon. We been trying not to push too hard, but he's almost five! I know it'll be just like every other accomplishment in Tobi's life. When he's ready, he'll do it perfectly. I'm still not sure he's ready, but it's starting to keep me up at night. Getting him out of the crib was just the same. Darin was starting to get too big for the cradle. It was about time to put him in the crib, but we couldn't until we got Tobi out. After two weeks of me not sleeping because I was so worried, Tobi just climbed into the big boy bed one morning and feel asleep there. That was it. We moved Darin into the crib the next day. I'm still worried that Tobi is not ready. Cross your fingers for all four of us (two struggling parents, the little boy who doesn't want to potty, and the littler boy who's a little jealous of all the attention his brother's getting).
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:28 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: