Tuesday, October 03, 2006
September Accomplishments And October Goals
My goals for September were: finish the Simple Stitches Village Of The Month Haunted House, start and finish Gill's Puzzle Cow, start and finish Greta the Witch and Vince VamPyre and take the whole thing in to be framed, sew together the rest of my Christmyth ornaments, start and finish any models I get, and work on Tobi's Garfield with any extra time. I finished the house, the Puzzle Cow and a Rainbow Cow, too. I got all my Hob Nobbs stitched up, and they're at the framer. I got all my ornaments together. I got two sets of models, and finished them both (no pics yet, sorry). Better than getting a little done in my spare stitching time, I finished Garfield! I also finished Snowfight: Blue, on the last day of the month! All in all, I think I've done pretty well this month.
My goals for October are going to be pretty short. Stitch any models I get, and work on Tobi's stocking. Specifically, I want to get the cuff and the top shelf stitched. There's a reason this keeps getting put away. I've been getting a headache every time I pick it up. If I get really desperate, I'll stop and stitch an ornament, but I'd like to keep pushing through this one.
I don't have as much stitching time right this minute, as I usually do. I spent half my day yesterday tring to get Tobi to potty. I couldn't. He wore big boy underwear, and he didn't care when it was wet. At dinner, Jymi gave him two full glasses of iced tea, and then took him to the bathroom. After half an hour, he asked me to bring him some water. Another hour later, with Tobi syaing, "I just can't take it anymore," and, "Where's my brother? I want my brother!" he finally went potty! I was sooooooo happy! I know there's still a long way to go, but it is so great to have made a start. I also have to get up with Jymi in the morning, to make sure I'm up when Tobi gets up. Which means I have to go to bed early, and give up my late night stitching. I get so much stitching done between nine and midnight, after Jymi and the boys go to sleep. I'll gladly give it up if we can get this potty training down, though!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 5:15 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hooray! Do the potty dance! One of my co-workers promised his daughter a party when she finally when potty. One night, he got hte call from his wife, so dutifully, he got all the supplies from Walmart and they had a potty party!

Love how your Snowfight: Blue came out - fabulous!

 

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Sharon

congrats for Tobi going to the potty. I know how you feel. I have an 8 year old and we still have occasional issues. congrats on your finish-and I can't wait to see your hardanger. Thanks always for your very kind comments on my blog.