Monday, September 18, 2006
Lots Of Movies
Jymi and I had a date Friday night. We went out to dinner, and then to a movie. Dinner was wonderful. I got the best drink: an Orange Dream. It's vanilla cognac, orange juice, and vanilla ice cream, with whipped cream on top! Then we saw Wickerman. Neither of us had ever seen the original. Jymi didn't like it. It's understandable. My guess would be that most men feel the same way. I loved it! For one thing, I could guess the ending within the first ten minutes of the movie. After watching so many Alfred Hitchcock movies, and the sort of books I tend to read, most movies with surprise endings (The Village, Secret Window) are pretty predictable. Another part of it is that I was in the pre-IB program at school. Then made sure you learned to look at EVERY detail. When we read The Great Gatsby in tenth grade (eleventh grade English), the entire class failed the pop quiz with one question: what day does the first chapter take place on? It says something to the nature of: "In exactly two weeks, it will be the longest day of the year." So we were supposed to remember that one, seemingly insignificant, sentence. That was all it took.
Saturday, we all stayed home. After dinner, all four of us sat down to watch Cheaper By The Dozen. Tobi and Darin loved watching all the kids do silly things. I love this movie, but it always makes me cry. Factor in that I had PMS, and as soon as they said, "Mark's gone!" I was bawling! Jymi admits that it always makes him tear up, too, but he was laughing at me for getting so upset. It is a little silly, I guess considering how many times we've seen it, but it still breaks my heart.
After it was over, we put Tobi and Darin to bed. Then Jymi and I watched Lucky Number Slevin. It was similar to Wickerman. It was Jymi's suggestion, but he hated it, and I loved it. He complained that it was too slow. It's not that it was slow; it was more psychological than he was expecting. He though it was going to be a plotless action movie (his favorite kind), when it was one of those you almost have to watch twice to really get everything.
Friday, I went to pick up my new Lizzie Kates and my silks for Persian Iris Garden. I also got the free bonus chart for buying all twelve of the ornaments. I don't really like it though. It wouldn't be so bad, but I don't like that it has the year on it. It's just so simple, too.
Friday morning, I finished my Cross Eyed Kat stuff. I got it out in the mail. I had alot of errands to run before Jymi and I went out so I didn't get anything else done. Saturday I started Home, and I got everything done but the H, O, E, and the border. I finished it up Sunday afternoon. It used up the last of my Holly, which is used to do the letters, so I'll have to get more this evening, after Jymi gets home. I haven't started Faith yet, but I will after lunch. I can't put them together, either, since I'm out of batting. I may see if I can swipe some from my mom this evening, too.
Jymi's gotten over his cold. He's given it to me and Tobi. Darin's got a little cough, but he doesn't have the stuffy nose. I've been giving him Dimetapp when I give it to Tobi, just in case. It does help his cough, in any case. Jymi doesn't feel any better though. Friday night, he had his last cigarette! He's been doing pretty good the last couple days, but today will be the real test. The third day is always hardest for him. Plus, he smokes more when he's at work, and he went back today. Please cross your fingers for him!
 
posted by jymisgurl at 8:25 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 10:39 PM, Blogger Sharon

Sounds like you guys had a nice time! I am going to have check out Lucky Number Slevin-it looked pretty interesting. Good luck to Jymi on quitting smoking.