Monday, September 11, 2006
A Very Early Happy Dance
I finished my Hob Nobbs this morning at the unholy hour of seven. I had to take Jymi to work today, because I need the car, and he leaves early. It's thirty to forty minutes each way, and we got home a six. So after I finished this, I went back to sleep.
My mom and I took my grandma to the craft show Friday. She gets so depressed when my mom, my sister, and I show her any of our craft stuff. She's got very severe arthritis, and bad eyesight, so even if she could hold a needle, she can't see to thread it. For Mother's Day, my sister got her this kit thing. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but it's a piece of foam with a picture cut into it. You get the fabric and use this special tool to push it into the foam. When you're through, it looks like a gorgeous applique quilt. My grandma could do, she loved it, and we knew they had more at the craft show. She got a big one, and two little ones, which should keep her busy for a month or two. There was an eagle that she also liked, but she didn't want to spend that much money. I'm going to try to get it for her for Christmas. They're actually very well priced since they come with all the fabric, too, and you already know all the colors coordinate.
Jymi had drill this weekend, which is how I managed to get so much stitching done. I almost had it finished last night, but I decided to try to go to bed early since I had to get up at 4:30. He did talk to his higher-ups about going active duty, and changing jobs. He'd have to go to training for twenty weeks in Arizona. We're not sure whether or not we'll go with him there. Probably not. Then, whenever he gets stationed somewhere (they were fairly confident he'd get to stay in the states, I'm not convinced, but I'd like to be), he'll get the housing situation set up. I hate not having a say. It feels like Jymi's making all these decisions without me, and I know he's not. He doesn't have a say either, since he sold his soul. I just like to have evrything planned out, and I can't do that in this situation! We've still got more to work out though. That's enough whining from me. I've still got to go to the post office and the grocery store, but I'd like to get the boys to take a nap first.
 
posted by jymisgurl at 9:12 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 1:11 AM, Blogger Sharon

I love your Hob Nob finish! I really like dracula on the yellow fabric.